Beaker and water

Keely

Reaction score
shall i wean ellis on water and a beaker at the same time.

He has never had water only when he was tiny, so shall i get him used to water in a bottle first or go straight to beaker.

I have given him a beaker a few time and he just bite it.

xxxxx

i try and give jakob water in a beaker a 3m plus one but he isnt too sure about it lol..so today i got a tommy tippee one with a more bottle shaped teat, maybe try that? they do them in stages....If you are going to use a bottle for water too then try not to give it past 12 months for too long because i have on quite alot of occasions seen them turn into comforters.

Id try a beaker, go through the tommee tippee stages and then you will be ready for cups when he is older

i have one tommee tippy one already purple and green i think. but he chews that too.

I will def give him water from beaker soon but i am wondering because he doesnt have water he might make him even more confused about a beaker??!! xxxxx

I was in exactly the same position as you Keely. Isaac wasn't interested in water from the bottle when he was younger so I tried him a while back with an Avent trainer cup the one with handles. He wasn't too interested.

Now he's 7 months old and eating really well I thought I'd try him again with the Avent cup and he takes his water no problems. I can't believe it. I still have to tilt it up for him to get a proper drink but otherwise I let him pick it up himself and he has fun blowing on the teat and rubbing it across his gums.

I'm really pleased that he's taking sips of water though with his solids.

I'd say give it a go and see how he reacts, if it's not successful leave it another week or 2 and try again.

Ive tried Isabella with a trainer beaker and she just doesnt have a clue. I will offer her water with her dinner and that is just with her usual Avent bottle

Mia has the Avent beaker, and takes water from it once shes eaten...and inbetween her milk feeds she has water from her beaker thats flavoured-she loves it and drinks loads!

Amy xx

thanks girls and thanks bagpuss!

I'll keep trying.

I dont know weather to give him juice incase he stops taking water xxxxx

Keely, you could try Ellis with the flavoured water....my mum bought me over organic apple & blackcurrant granuals that you put into water, it just flavours it slightly.

Amy xx

Keely do you drink water in front of your LO? Ellie grabbed my glass out of my hand a little while ago and tried to drink from it. After that I started giving her water in a beaker after her solid meal at lunchtime and she happily drinks from it (without a lid) She is basically just copying me. Is it worth you having a drink of water from a beaker first then letting your LO try?

wow well done Ellie!! Thats so clever she can use a cup.

Ellis does grab my cup but he pours it over his face!! haha xxxxx

D'oh! I do have to guide it a bit to make sure she doesn't tip it up too much. I was absolutely amazed and couldn't believe it when she did it.

i have just got Harley his first beacker. but TBH i think its a load of crap. i dont see any reason why water should be given in a beaker?
it anoyies me that we are ment to make babies grow so fast nower days.

Dior had a bottle till she was one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back