After 6 months bambino is finally taking beaker properly

minikins

Reaction score
Blimey it's been a long process.

I started to introduce a beaker at 4 months so Dom could play with it etc and get used to the idea. I would bring it out at each meal time and eventually he would have one tiny sip and pull away.

And now (I think the heat has helped as he is so thirsty) I constantly have a beaker of water on the go near him and after his brekkie I offered it to him and he kept sipping and sipping then stopped and started again. I thought it was a fluke so offered beaker about 30 mins after that and again he kept on it. So i think after 6 months we have done it !!!

YAAYYY - in a month or so I will start to put milk in and then gradually try and wean him off his 3 boobie feeds a day.

Phew now I know I am not going to be boobie feeding him when he is 7 - LOL

Yay! - Well done Dominic!
icon_jig.gif
icon_jig.gif
icon_jig.gif

Phew now I know I am not going to be boobie feeding him when he is 7 - LOL
OMG can you imagine? My boobs are shocking as it is - I dread to think what state they would be in after 7 years! :shock: :shock: :shock:

iv tried so many different beakers, but Ella wont drink out of them, she wont drink water and I dont want to give her juice in a bottle, so Iv just kept trying with the beaker, offering it her and giving it her to play with. Hopefully then it wont be long beofre she will drink from a beaker

any suggestions on which beakers are best?

Yay... :dance: :dance: :dance:
Well done Minikins AND Dominic.... way to go!!! :clap: :clap:

Emilia xx

Yaay and he has had even more. We use the earliest Tommy Tippie version and the holes are the right size and he does not choke, it's got no valve in it.

It does take a while and like you said the best way is using it as a toy, even though I did this it still took agesssssssssssssssssss !!!!!

And my boobs are now hanging low enough that I have to be careful that I don't trip up on them. :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back