Be honest with me girls....

hayes

Reaction score
So im pretty sure af is on her way again for the 14h time after cuming off the pill last may!!

Be honest with me girls is it still likely im just guna get a bfp without some help?? seems everyone i talk to it takes at the most 6-10months if that for most of them! Im begining to really think that i am guna need some more help but they wont help till next yr and im not getting any younger im 30 in 4wks time!

Feeling really down about it all today, think its just everyone around me is telling me they are pg or guna try again for number 2 soon and im still here with not even a hint of a bfp ever!

Just so fed up with people saying "your turns cuming" or "you will b next" or "wont be long now" how do they know they have no idea whats going on with my body!!! I know they just try to help but it doesnt!! GRRR

Sorry for the rant.

Michelle. x

So im pretty sure af is on her way again for the 14h time after cuming off the pill last may!!

Be honest with me girls is it still likely im just guna get a bfp without some help?? seems everyone i talk to it takes at the most 6-10months if that for most of them! Im begining to really think that i am guna need some more help but they wont help till next yr and im not getting any younger im 30 in 4wks time!

Feeling really down about it all today, think its just everyone around me is telling me they are pg or guna try again for number 2 soon and im still here with not even a hint of a bfp ever!

Just so fed up with people saying "your turns cuming" or "you will b next" or "wont be long now" how do they know they have no idea whats going on with my body!!! I know they just try to help but it doesnt!! GRRR

Sorry for the rant.

Michelle. x

I know at time things can seem very frustrating, very trying and quite frankly just not fair. It's only now that my doctors are actually listening to my moaning and have referred me to the fertility clinic after all our problems (see sig!)

Big hug for you and try to keep your chin up, unfortunately I can't make the days go quicker but if to need a chat I can do that :)

Have u been referred yet by your gp? After a year you really should be. Have you considered complimenting private and nhs care to get the ball rolling so wen u do get ur referral you've had the basics done?

My gp has done just 21day bloods for me and said thats all fine. Hubby is doing his SA in a few wks(when shifts are right again)and then the doc said if they are ok i have to wait till nxt yr (2yr of ttc)before he will refer my anyway. I am considering private for some tests but not sure of how much we can spend tbh.

Michelle. x

So sorry hun, I can totally understand you feeling frustrated. We've been trying for 18 months but I was referred after 8 months because I'm over 35 and because of my sisters medical history (she has PCO and it turns out I do too).

What I would say is your doctor should refer you after 12 months of trying no matter what your age or circumstances. It might be worth seeing a different GP and requesting this.

One thing that helped me massively is charting. I use fertilityfriend.com .....it's such a good way of finding out more about your cycle. It helped me see if I was ovulating every cycle and to also maximise our chances by timing BD-ing perfectly when I ov. It's really helped me understand more about my cycles and might be worth a go. It made me feel as though I had some control back over things. I started charting before I got my referral and it helped me feel like I could do something myself without having to rely on the doctors!

Hope this helps hun.

I'd start by doing some research into what your pct's policies are for fertility as they.re supposed to do something after 12 months and if that's the case taking that with you to your next appointment.

Scotch is right it is 12 months and then you should be referred even if hubby's SA is okay. If you want to get the ball rolling though why don't you pay for the scan privately. The scan will give you a good idea of what is going on in your ovaries, and womb. That way by the time you get yur NHS appointment, you will be armed with all the info you need and they can refer you on. It is def no longer than 1 year so don't wait and be pusy with your GP.

Gizzy x

Thanks ladies,

My doc is fab and has always listened and helped me in the past(got diagonosed with fibromyaglia nearly 2yrs ago)and without him listening to me i wouldnt have got through it.

I did look online back in april and in my area(exeter deovn)its 2yrs before they will help us i thought this was normal so im a little disappointed that maybe its due to where i live. Hubby has decided to get his test done this wk now so thats good shud know results by end of this month.

I think i may have to pay privately and then go back to nhs. How wud i go about this and does anyone know rough costs??

Michelle. x

:hugs:

its been 3 years for me, but after i got pregnant in July 11 and mc in sept, they now will not help me until the date my last pregnancy ended! which brings my total upto well over 3 years ttc!

they dont care about the time spent ttc before i got pregnant!

i also am not eligable for anything other than 21 days bloods, SA and HSG. My bloods were textbook my GP said and OH has yet to do the SA i cant have the hsg until september anyway.

If thats ok..........i guess i have to fork out to go private which is not something i really have the money to do

i AM only 27 so maybes when i hit 30 the urgency will increase but at the moment i am just told i will get there and to relax :wall:

its so frustrating

Get your semen analysis' done ladies, no excuse really. Drag them if you have to, but really it should be the absolute first thing to get done - even before testing yourself!

It's silly putting yourself through all the drama and heartache.

Plus it's cheap private but the GP should do it np. It's just the cost of a tech looking at it for a couple of mins with a microscope.

You can gauge if you are ok just by looking at your cycles - if they are regular(ish) and you get a decent amount of bleeding then you are probably fine. Sure you can have physical deformities or blockages but they aren't anywhere near as common as wonky sperm quality.

Go go go now now now!

Thanks lou yea hubby is doing his test(for the second time as the bloody hosp didnt test it in time last time idiots!)this weds so fx that shudnt take too long to get back.

Im sorry thats its taking you so long lynette how awful they wont help you sooner. I know what you mean with them saying go home and relax its so easier said than done tho.

Michelle. x

i am forcing my oh to do his SA! anyone would think i asked him to chop his winkie off and send it in to be looked at :roll:!!

he is just putting it off!

if his sperm is poor.....what can be done? he takes vits etc but he DOES smoke, however my GP said it has a minmal effect oin the sperm and is overhyped!

gah!

Last edited:
Hi Lynette,

How are you?

Men are such wosses arent they!!

My OH done one sperm test and we have the form to do another but at the mo he is refusing point blank!!

The first one came back that he had very few normal sperm, (i think that wounded his pride, that he doesnt waht it conformed again!) but it was just after we had 2nd MC and he suffered really badly with depression after and started binge smoking and smoking the wacky stuff. So I dont think it was a great sample.

Since then he is now taking loads of Vits, Ive tried to make him change his diet (but you know men) and he no longer drinks or smokes. So I think it will be different.
We just need to keep working on them,!!!!!xxxx

My friend was 31 and she was trying 18 months, went to the doc after 16months all results fine, her story keeps me going x

Thats good poppy, has she concieved now then?? Im hoping that its just taken my body a little longer to get bak to normal perhaps but as each month goes on i cant help but worry a bit more.

Michelle. x

Sorry for the rant.

Michelle. x

I know how you feel, even if it is the slightly different boat of trying to get a sticky rather than a BFP. Everyone trots out the cliches, and all my friends are working on number 2, and I'm totally left behind now. Some of my friends have started to give me the pity look too which i bloody hate. Makes me go out and do something they can't or wax on about my lovely long lie ins.....

If it makes you feel any better, I'll be 34 in oct :shock: I can feel the time slipping away even though i know its not over yet!!

Thats good poppy, has she concieved now then?? Im hoping that its just taken my body a little longer to get bak to normal perhaps but as each month goes on i cant help but worry a bit more.

Michelle. x

Yes I should of said that she has a one and a half little girl, she thought it would never happen for her but it did x

Hi Michelle, 2 years seems a long time to try before getting help. You could try a different GP/writing to the PCT? It seems a little extreme but it would be good to get in the system now, NHS appointments etc can take time!! Xxx

Hi hun, we had to wait until 2 years as gp told me to go home get pregnant after day 21 tests came back fine.
Finally got our referral in may and the ball hasn't stopped rolling since. I think it's just getting that far that's hard.
Hubby has now had 2 sa , As place he had first one didn't test fr antibodies.
Anytime u need to talk hun u know where I am. Know with fibromyalgia feels like a daily battle and a bit of happiness wouldn't go a miss x

Thank you everyone, im guna see how it goes over the summer(if we ever have a summer)get my bday out the way and me and hubby have two little trips planned in sept then after that its back to docs for me. He is a good doc and i know he will help if he can. By then we will be roughly 18months and hubbys sa results will be bak. If he really cant refer me il ask him if nos about the private route.

I dont think the fibro helps sometimes greekgirl does it, im in so much pain today, and cant help but wonder if its the reason im not catching.

Michelle. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back