BCG vaccine?

i.love

Reaction score
did anyone have the BCG vaccine done? We were advised to have it for lo as I am from Latvia, but I heard that it's a really nasty vaccine that will leave a scar and will be very painful :( not sure I want to do this as we don't go to Latvia often anyway...

My son was supposed to have it at six weeks as we live in a high risk area of London. But I have decided against it for the time being.

i had a bcg at 13 but i believe that was a booster ..... the bcg at that age i believe everyone has. it does leave a scar (from me being 13 ) its not a nasty one by any means. Its against TB. Igenuinely believe that if there is a ris of X Y or Z then we sshould do whatever to prevent it. thats by no means to say that because you're from latvia that its prevalent or whatever else, but iwould deffo do some reseaarch in to it properly. My family are easter european (father is) and we weren't advised of any extra vaccinations!!

xx

I was offered it but said no initially as I was exhausted from the labour and just wanted to go home. I have asked for an appointment to have it done though as we will be visiting Russia at some point and TB is an extremely serious illness that I really want to protect LO from.
Still remember having my own vaccine done and it wasn't particularly painful or nasty, and definitely better than getting TB!

its not that bad, my lo didn't even cry and has not left a scar. we got it because my dad is from india but tbh i'm quite glad she did as think TB is on the rise.

I didn't because at 14 I moved up to London and wasn't on the list but WILL be demanding my GP does it this year. My LO is booked in at 1 month to have it done.

My lo has it as it was a must from the area of london we are in. Even know after 6months he still has a red lump although it isnt nasty or scabby, initiallybit did swell a bit, obviously he cried loads, but was compltely fine and had no other effects. Im deffo glad i had it tpdone. I also had itbas a child as i was living in hongkong atbp th time.
Sorry for all the typos!

I dunno if this is one of those things where Scotland and England are different (again) but we get (or did) it at secondary school 14ish. And there was a lot of painful arm punches, and really bad scars. I'd had it done as a baby and was sooo glad I didnt have to deal with all that pain. Xxx

Jacob had his done, it was his first injection (6weeks old) HV gave me an appointment for it and told me it was very important to have it done as there is a lot of it going around in London and if a baby gets it at a young age it can kill so that scared me and I had it done, Jacob didn't even cry for that injection and it only left a little red dot at first which I thought was great because she said it might swell and leak a bit but it's only just got big and red the last couple of weeks but it doesn't seem to bother him and it will leave a scar for sure but I'm glad I got it for him.

Last edited:
Arthur's got his in a few weeks.

I've seen some horrible scars on babies' arms in the swimming pool. Can I ask for it to
Be done on his bottom rather than his arm do You know? I wouldn't even consider
Not having it done, though.

No it's not possible as I asked that too but get it high up of his arm. Emma's was quite manky for a while and I thought it would scar but it's cleared up now

It does leave a scar but I'd rather that. We will visit my home country too plus my DH's work can take us anywhere in the world so I want him to be protected

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back