BCG today

Elliellie

Reaction score
Hiya,
My little boy is having his first immunisation today. He's 5 weeks & going for his BCG as we live in a high risk area. Has anyone had any side effects from this? Should I buy some calpol on the way home?! Also, I'm wondering what the best way to take his temp is? I was looking at getting an ear thermometer but saw they aren't for small babies as the ear canal is too small. I've got normal under the tongue thermometers but do they work under the arm? And if so what's normal under arm temp?

You won't need any of that. The BCG is very different to the normal jabs. He'll be upset and need lots of cuddles but won't be sleepy and feverish like the other ones. Maybe get an ear thermometer as I think a sign of it going bad is a temperature. My advice is make sure baby is wearing something suitable for sleep as we had to change Tyler and knocked his arm abs had a screaming baby for an hour!

Wss

Jake didn't even cry getting that one but was very grumpy after, only thing I hate about it is the big red lump they get weeks after, Jake's burst a while ago leaking green puss ewww but he still has a red sore there at the moment :(

yeah i dont think theres any side effects, anthony had his when he was 1day old..

Thanks, well we got the jab. He woke up & screamed when the needle went in but soon fell asleep again! He's been very grumpy this evening, not sure if that's related to the injection or just some wind. It's so horrible when they stick needles in your baby :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back