bathing a baby...

titch

Reaction score
.... so what equipment do you use? Any good/bad expereinces?

been looking at baby baths, bath supports, tummy tubs (scare the life out of me that a baby will drown) or just nothing at all and using our bath.

What equipment do you recommend?

The easiest thing I found was actually having a bath with Niamh! Never really used a baby bath even though we had one.

You're not the first person Ive heard say that. We just get this feeling we should buy something! I dunno being prepared properly. Theres so much stuff out there that they try and convince you to buy.

I'm with Tonks, I had a baby bath etc with DD but used it all of once! It was much easier to bath her with me x

iv brought a foam bath support, but with my daughter i used a baby bath as never really wanted to bath with baby x

ooh where did you find the foam support? My mum saw one and cant remember where and we can only find plastic ones now! Have you heard from anyone who has used it?

I have a baby bath that sits over our bath. When they are tiny I like the baby bath but I dont use it for long then they go in a support in the big bath. Obviously now I have 2 little ones I'll be bathing them together soon as I can to save water etc.

Mothercare do the foam ones-they're in the catalogue x

Tesco extra is fantastic for anything like that! I used a baby bath that has an inflateable bottom so you basically blow it up before you use it, it is raised at one end so they are just reclined and you dont have to support thir weight. I also found that with it being an inflateable its really comfy. When my LO got bigger i used a swivel bath seat to stop him slipping it was again about £10 from Tesco
xxx

I would baby bath big ish one with foam support and we have a hammock for the big bath with a metal thin wire surround really secure :) x

I had one like Mervs Mum had..just pull the plug out and the water would empty out into the big bath...Plus its easier on your back! Is very good for the first few weeks!

I love tummy tubs :) I've bathed my nephew and a few friends' kids in them too - they're brilliant! But each to their own :)

I found that a baby hammock from babies r us was the best ever buy, using that in a baby bath was most reassuring for me handling a newborn with absolutely no experience and being scared to death! After a while as Rosie got bigger I put her in the big bath in the hammock. The cotton sleeve is easily removable for washing :)

I think tummytubs just look like putting your baby in a bucket! :rofl: BUT Ive never bathed a baby so Im not really qualified to comment!

hmmm....theres more choice out there than I thought!! I like the idea of the one over the bath so no bending down, Im short with little arms but big boobies, makes reaching over a bath a challenge at the best of times!

We used a baby bath when newborn or AJ came in the bath with one of us.
As he got bigger we've used a combination of baby bath/bath support - bath support/big bath - in bath with Mammy or Daddy.
We've used both a plastic bath support and a swivel bath seat and would recommend both.

I used a baby bath with both of mine, used them for quiet a few months! ill be doing the same this time round too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back