Bathing HELP!

pinkymum

Reaction score
I'm really struggling with Bathing Emily. She only gets bathed 3 times a week (that sounds terrible) I really dread bathing her and even more so now that she's rolling about like a mad thing. She keeps slipping! I'm still using the baby bath which I also dislike but I don't have much choice, I only have a shower and I'm not confident enough to shower her with me standing holding her. I have one of those bath seats that I intended using once she's sitting on her own but she only sits with support. I don't really want to use it until she can sit unaided because she jerks backwards and it's all a bit nerve wracking which wouldn't be great for her either.
So any suggestions on how I can bath with more confidence. I'm open to any suggestions. I'd really like to bath her every second night if I could.

X

Have you tried a laying down net seat? They are more aimed at newborns but thy are great for the in-between stages too! I've got 3 kids and I hate bathing babies! Its something I'm used to now and even now when Chloe sits in the big bath on a bathmat my heart is up all the time incase she slips xxxxx

Glad I'm not the only one Evie! No I haven't tries the reclining seats, are they safe to use of she's able to roll?
X

Chloe was able to roll but you always stay by her and the one from asda has little sides (only tiny) but it added extra comfort and piece of mind for me and it sits up a bit more if wanted to too. I always hate bathing kids under 2! Lol so don't worry your not alone! Xxxx

Yeah it makes me very nervous. She hates having her head washed I say head because she's got very little hair but she's got a little bit of cradle cap and it doesn't seem to be shifting although that's probably because I don't wash it enough. :/ so the water always ends up in her eyes. I'm going to have a look for that seat from Asda. Thanks Evie. X x x x

You can buy bath cups that tilt the water away from the face they are really good in asda too I think one side is soft so all the water flows down the back away from the face xx

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3768569/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CNursery%7C14417537/c_2/2%7C14417537%7CFeeding+and+bathing%7C14417596/c_3/3%7Ccat_14417596%7CBathing+and+potty+training%7C14417599.htm

we used one of these until LO was confidently sitting.

You obviously have to watch them in it.

M has a bath every night, but mostly just for him to sit in and pay and splash around. Then a few times a week Ill grab a quick hair, and body wash which annoys him but he mostly sees the bath as playtime. And its nice for bonding cos you have to supervise them and theres no distractions you do end up focusing a lot fo attention on them, paying peepo with the flannel and stuff.

with that chair you could shower her quite easily to be honest.

Glad I'm not the only one Evie! No I haven't tries the reclining seats, are they safe to use of she's able to roll?
X

youd still really have to hold her with one hand but its more just steadying her with one hand to make sure she doesnt roll, and if youre playing together hopefully she wont want to roll! but if you didnt have it youd be having to use both hands then its impossible to wash them.

Its seriously soo much easier. I hadnt realised until we went to visit my parents and didnt have it to bath him, oooh it was so slippy and scary! :shock:

also now that morgan can sit and stand easily I just sit on the loo and watch him play in the bath, and we sing songs. no hassle at all these days.

Thanks girls, tiny that sounds like a plan :) will buy one of those seats this week. I really want her to see bath/shower time as fun, at the moment both of us don't like it very much. The council won't put a bath in for me as it was adapted for a previous disabled tenant. I'd like to get a new bathroom suite put in but I'll have to wait a couple of years!
X

We had the same seat tiny linked too it made life so much easier! once she was sitting we used one of the round ones they sit in but by 9 months she started climbing out so she just sits in the bath now x

I only bath Lizzie 3-4 times a week, less if she's poorly (which she has been a lot recently!), so I wouldn't worry about how often you bathe so long as you top and tail regularly :)
Also, I tried washing Lizzie's head with all sorts for cradle cap/covering it with oil etc, but it wasn't till I actually sat and picked it all off that it went! I think people lie when they say they don't pick it and it just 'goes' :lol:

When Lizzie was little and I was bathing her leaning over the side to hold her I used to fold up a big towel and stick it in the bottom of the bath to act as a soft bath mat to prevent them slipping away from you. Sucks to dry it afterwards though :)

Thanks Becky, I don't feel so bad now :lol:
I think I'll try the towel idea until I get the seat. Never thought of that :)
I doubt Emily would stay still long enough for me to pick it off, she'd probably get annoyed, can't believe she has a temper already! X x x x

My lo always cried after being bathed, so hardly bathed her atall for first 6 mths, but they're not very dirty so as us top and tailing every day, uits fine. Have u tried medical olive oil on the cradle cap? Think u leave it for 10 mins for it to soften and then shampoo it, don't b scared to scrub lightly with your nails. My lo had a tiny patch at the front of her scalp, so I did the above and got rid and she hasn't had any since. If its quite bad u might need to repeat it a few times. Also we have an inflatable rubber duck bath, which is brilliant, was only £10 from morrisons and its great! Really puts ur mind at ease :) x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back