Batch cooking

Aug13

Reaction score
Any of you ladies done this yet or plan on doing it? What type of things are you making? X

Yeh I'm hoping to do this once I go on mat leave. Thinking of doing things like chile, bolognase, shepherds pie, curries, soups, stews, casseroles - basically anything that you can cook easily in a big pot and then freeze into smaller portions! X

I have, been doing pasta bakes, spag bol, chicken curry and sweet and sour chicken xx

When should we start doing this I'm only 28 weeks coming up I plan on doing this so itl help hubby out a bit x

I was going to but cant be bothered! Seriously doubt that one of us cant cook something up quick!

I did and it was great esp because i have s toddler too.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I've been meaning to do this but haven't got round to it yet, bet I end up running out of time! Xxx

Do it! I didn't and so wish I had - always sending other half to tescos! (I had c section so can't drive)!

I was too big in the end to do anything so I'd have said around 37 weeks.

I'm starting today :) just gonna do what everyone else has said, chilli, bolognaise, lasagne, shepherds pie and curry and stuff :) things that can be defrosted quick and don't need much doing to them to finish them off! :) x

Thanks ladies, I've made a list of food to get in and I'm going to do a few meals each day I've only 2wks and 2days to go. I've just got housesorted so if I do the food now then I can chill. Its getting so exhausting just being awake and to uncomfortable to sleep lol x

I've been doing it for a couple of weeks, but I do a double dinner and then freeze half so I'm not using any more gas/electric doing it. Or being on my feet for longer than I need to be lol x

In theory I'm doing this as I'm due in October so want lots of yummy stews, problem is DS is a bugger for eating anything messy & DH + I are both useless at remembering to defrost things :lol:

Yes I plan to but our freezer is so full. I've been asking hubby to acquire a second hand freezer for weeks!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back