Bad news at 31 week growth scan

I was in yesterday again for monitoring and all seemed fine. I was told I am currently top on the priority list for a scan so it's highly likely I will get a phone call today to go down for a scan. Good job I'm only a 5 minute drive from the hospital isn't it xx

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Have you had a scan today Charlene? I hope everything is OK? Xx

No I never had it done. I phoned up this morning to chase it up and was told the waiting list was 45 people long but I should receive a phone call sometime towards Friday or latest Tuesday. I'm so annoyed! Back at ANDU tomorrow

Well NHS have refused to do the scan as apparently my babies growth hadn't dropped enough for me to need one.
The first consultant I seen after my growth scan never bothered to do the referral and the 2nd doctor who sent it to scan this Thursday filled the card in all wrong. So instead of wasting my time with the NHS I paid for a private reassurance scan and then went in to be monitored and asked the Midwife to plot her on the chart and she's growing perfectly again. I am having my care transferred to a different hospital because I am fed up of the lack of care I get from my hospital I'm at now. They nearly failed my son and they won't do the same to my Daughter

What shoddy service sharlene but so glad baby is growing again & you're reassured. Hopefully the different hospital will be better for you xx

Had monitoring done yesterday at ANDU and told the Midwife about everything that had happened. O was she not impressed, she went charging round to maternity scan and asked them why my doppler scan was refused twice. To find out It was bevause when the doctor referred me he forgot to write on the card "wrongly plotted on centile chart" so maternity scan said they thought Alana was growing on 25th centile when in actual fact she is below the 10th. They went on to say they couldn't fit me in but the Midwife demanded it was done there and then bevause i was meant to have it done last week and didn't. Anyway, I got scanned which shows placenta is working perfectly fine and liquor volume is normal, I have booked in to see my consultant tomorrow just to let him know how peeved off I am at the care I have received by the hospital and I need to speak to him about the pain in my legs and trapped sciatic nerve which I don't know how much longer I can continue with it for, I then have another growth scan next Wednesday and if that shows her growth is still low then I will be offered steroids and booked for induction at 37 weeks

Sorry you have been messed around but glad things are looking better as far as the placenta and fluid levels go.

:hugs:been through an iugr baby with my 6th
I've already been through a iugr that's why it's scaring me so much. My little boy was tiny when he was born:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back