bad hand pain??

lisa_davidson

Reaction score
hi, has anyone been getting pain in their wrists/ hands? i get really bad pins and needles in my index finger and a bad like...pressure in my wrist and the chubby bit below the thumb...whatever that bits called?

any ideas?

lisaxxxx

Yep, carpel tunnel syndrome. I had it last pregnancy as well as this and the hand splints do help 8)

Not that I ever remember to put them on before I go to sleep :?

hey this sounds like what ive been experiancing, i keep waking up and my whole arms are numb and dead like--- didnt realise there was anything which could be done about it,, mind u i havnt experianced any pain with this-- :think:

I've got this as well and it's quite bad at the moment (37 weeks pregnant). I'm waking up a lot in the night with little or no feeling in my right arm/hand and then the tingling/numb sensation is lasting throughout the day in my fingertips especially. My GP says it should improve after giving birth but if not surgery is an option!

I have had this really bad. I used to get pain in one finger at a time. But recntly i have had pain in both my entire hands at the same time. It is like having arthritis. I actually couldnt use my hands. I mentioned it to the midwife and she said its nothing to worry about its just inflamation. :roll:

CTS is common in pregnant women, just like the swelling most of us experience in the ankles/feet the swelling can effect the ligaments etc that are in the wrist area by basically squashig the ligaments/nerves that area there. It's very common and usually goes by the time you have had the baby. Do mention it to your midwife etc though, especially if the pain becomes too much or you do a job like say a secretary or something that requires all day on a PC type thing. Anything repetative should be avoided if possible. It will go, promise :hug:

Hi

I have had this the last bit of this pregnancy, if it gets too bad speak to your mw :hug:
Katrina

Have had it in fits and starts but going on the comp doesnt help either! :rotfl:

ive had this before but not whilst pregnant..

i thought it was cos i texted to much on the phone :rotfl:

I've had this pain too but not coz of pregnancy, just from typing too much, and using the mobile/blackberry. :wall:

I've noticed how my hands really tingle now though when I have my BP taken. They get hot, red and blotchy until the pressure is released. It's not nice. :(

Its too do with the hormone relaxin, literally relaxing all your muscles and making you more vunerable then usual. And typing 24/7 doesnt help! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back