Bad Back :(

rere

Reaction score
had really bad back ache all day worse than usual and it doesnt seem to be shifiting or easing.
tried parcetmol, hot bath, hot water bottle lying on left side ect
anything else i cud give a go to help try get to sleep?

had really bad back ache all day worse than usual and it doesnt seem to be shifiting or easing.

I'm not sure what else, maybe a back massage? tens machine?

tried the massage dont have a tens machine :(
thank you tho :)
The joys of pregnancy :)

Put a hot water bottle on ur back I find that it helped

i have lol just bin back to fill it up cause it had gone cold :)

the only thing that really helps my bad back and hips is 2 codeine from the docs, hey make you feel high as a kite though and a bit drowsy so not ideal if you are wanting to do anything other than lie or sit down :lol:

oh and they make you constipated too

Ooh that doesn't sound nice. I have been lucky that I haven't had any constant back ache just occassional gripes.

Firstly, have you made sure when sitting you are propped up and not slouching? I started with a niggly back and found that if I sit upright on the sofa with pillows from the bedroom it defo eases it.

I've also heard from other pregnant ladies that gentle stretches help - going on all fours and stretching each leg behind in turn.

I'm not sure whether you can use the 'heat rubs' but my Mum has a terrible back and swears by the heat rubs and 'move easy' pack, which is like a face pack, which you put on the effected area. Please check packs though before buying, i'd hate for you to rush out and buy if it's not able to be used during pregnancy.

Hope you're pains ease off soon hun :hugs:

thanks for the help ladies :) al be sure to give them a go today.
al ring midwife as i already have codine in the house and ask if its oka to take it and take it tonight see if i can get a good nights sleep :)

Codeine phosphate is the best (don't affect baby) I got my extra box from the hospital.
Works wonders. U get a good nap too

Someone told me to rock on a birthing ball... :) hope it eases soon x

yeah codeine phosphate and the birth ball are good but I always find the tops of my legs ache after a session on the ball?

yeah codeine phosphate and the birth ball are good but I always find the tops of my legs ache after a session on the ball?

Me too, it just hurts me all over when I use it but I think I know why. I've lost my pump so it hasn't been blown up since the last time I used it (2 year ago nearly lol) and when I sit on it, my knees are higher than my pelvis, which isn't the way it should be. How is your posture on it?

well i rang up midwife to ask about the codine just wanted to make sure and they want me to go to hospital to get checked over :(
Hospitals
yick
thankyou for all ur help :)

Me too, it just hurts me all over when I use it but I think I know why. I've lost my pump so it hasn't been blown up since the last time I used it (2 year ago nearly lol) and when I sit on it, my knees are higher than my pelvis, which isn't the way it should be. How is your posture on it?

mmm maybe mine could do with a pump actually

am free lol
They just wanted to monitor me and that what a kafufal when all i wanted to do was ask if it was oka to take some codine
fingers crossed for a good nights sleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back