Back to back

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
Had midwife yesterday and all is well except baby is shifting towards being back-to-back. At the moment her spine is on my left side but is slowly moving round to the back at each appointment it would seem!
So ANY tips for getting the baby to move round would be much appreciated!
Even if she stays like this, is there a good chance she'll move into the right place once I go into labour? I'm sure I read that somewhere *fingers crossed* :)

On the plus side, she is nearly fully engaged now, only 1/5 palpable!! Yay :dance:

Also found out that in my area they give you 14 days after your due date till they induce you, rather than the usual 10, so that's a bonus 4 days I've got lol :)

Rocking on your hands and knees! Thats the only thing ive heard for back to back babies, and my family nurse said its a great position for labour aswell to stop baby turning the wrong way during the process!

Mine is slowly turning back to back too! My midwife said to try as hard as I can to sleep on my side, not my back, sit on my ball rocking from left to right and to sit up straight as much as I can, rather than lean back/ slouch!! All sounds uncomfortable - but will be worth it if baby goes the right way :) xxxx

Yeah I know it will be worth it, but it's so much easier to snuggle up on the couch than it is to watch TV over a birthing ball!!

It's also a bit down-heartening because I love feeling Lizzie punching and kicking in there but now I know it's just because her limbs are all out the front, and that's not where I want them lol!! It means I've stopped enjoying her movements so much which is a weird feeling!

yup same as momma kat said, on a birthing ball with ur knees lower than ur hips or on your knees,

im back to back, well should i say baby is, but head was 2/5ths at 38wks and at 40wks on tuesdi has popped head out :wall2:

ive got consultant on tuesday to find out if they will induce me and when, they said i have until then to go into labour naturally to still be ok for a waterbirth at my hospital, they will only let u if ur b4 41wks, but nothing im trying to get baby out is working, im obviously making it far too compfy!! lol

midwife did say labour is meant to be longer if there back to back and your get more backache, but it isnt really a major problem and nothing to worry about really, so im not too bothered about that bit, she did say try not to slouch or drive to far though cos the curve in your back becomes more appealing to baby to drop into, if ur straight backed then there are more likly to go back to your belly button,

good luck gettin her to wiggle round hun!!
xxx

Hiya, hope the back to back babies make a safe appearance and labour isn't 2 bad, my son was back to back and the labour was all in my lower back on in my bottom which was really uncomfortable, my midwife told me it would also mean the baby had 2 be turned on the way out as its in the wrong position for birth, unfortunately i never got that far as i stopped dilating at 8cm and they think this was because of my son being back to back, i ended up with a c-section, hope all goes well for your back to back births or you manage to turn babies first! good luck.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back