Back pain

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by handbagqueen, Jan 7, 2008.

1. handbagqueen

handbagqueen Well-Known Member

Hello :wave:
    New here and still in early weeks. I was hoping that someone would be able to advise me on whether it is normal to have excrutiating back pain?? I'm only 8 weeks so didn't expect this until much later and now worrying that something is wrong with me!

2. mrs_metal

mrs_metal Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome :wave:

I'm sorry I've not experienced this myself but if it's causing you a lot of pain it might be worth a visit to your doctors :hug:

3. Strangeness

Strangeness Well-Known Member

Is this your first baby? Have you ever suffered from back pain before? Pregnancy can bring on back ache, I had it in the later stages with my son and after and since I have become pregnant again I suffer now and then usually when I overdo things.

4. sunnyday

sunnyday Well-Known Member

I had lower back pain at around 8 weeks - it was like a really bad period pain. If its really bad, then you should seek medical advice, otherwise its probably just the normal stretching pains that you get in first tri.

Try a hot water bottle, not for too long though - in ten min sessions and not directly on the skin. Don't forget you can take paracetamol too.

5. handbagqueen

This is my first baby. Never had back pain before which is why i'm so concerned. I thought that maybe it would happen later because of the extra weight or something but not now- although I do seem to be rapidly expanding!

6. handbagqueen

Thank you. Will try the hot water bottle- been a bit worried to do that but I guess if its for small amounts of time it should be ok.

7. Mildly

Mildly Well-Known Member

Hi there, I've had a bit of a sore lower back since I found out really. It gets worse the more tired I am and I'm finding it difficult to get comfortable at night. I'm sure I've read somewhere that some women do get a sore back as a pregnancy symptom.

8. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

I got back pain early on too

and now its worse :( esp if I do too much like yesterday when I took the tree down, moved the flat furniture around, did loads of cleaning and washing

take it easy - if it gets sore then relax!