back from scan... very bad news

I'll be praying for you and your little girl. :pray:

You are in my thoughts. xx :hug:

oh hunni i'm praying for your little girl.

You and your family are in my thoughts x :hug:

oh hun i am so sorry for your news! my thoughts are with you xxxxxxx

Hoping and praying that Jessica will keep fighting.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

LittleJen,

I am so sorry to hear that you're going through this, especially so late on in your pregnancy when you have clearly developed a strong bond with your baby girl. I'm no medical expert, but I just wanted to say that the baby's weight as given by ultrasound is only an estimate, based on whichever particular equation the sonographer has used (some are more accurate than others), but they are all only an estimate. It is even more difficult to predict the actual weight of a small-for-dates baby than an appropriate-for-dates baby. I pray that this will go in her favour and that Jessica will actually weigh at least 500g when she is delivered. There is always a tiny glimmer of hope even if she is under that, for example, the smallest baby in the world to be discharged from hospital was a baby girl born in Illinois, U.S.A. in 2004, born weighing 260 grams at a gestational age of 25 weeks. If your baby Jessica is almost double that, then she has a chance (a slim one, but a chance).

I know that our automatic instinct would be to want to keep such a small baby in the womb for as long as possible, in the belief that would give her the best possible chance of survival, but the doctors know that if the placenta isn't functioning properly and the baby isn't developing properly, then in this instance, the baby stands a better chance of survival outside the womb. This is tough for you as her mummy because your role is being taken away far too soon.

Have the doctors spoken to you about how they intend to deliver Jessica? You have so much to think about, Jen. I'm not sure I personally would be able to go through the emotional rollercoaster of having a preterm baby - I mean, whether I would want the doctors to try and save the baby. One half of me wouldn't want to lose my child no matter what, but the other half might worry about the possible long-term health complications the baby might face. It's not something to be considered lightly and, unless someone has been in a position like yours, it's hard for us to contemplate what could be considered the "best" thing to do. I have no idea what you're going through and I'm talking here as though you have any "choice" in the matter. All I mean is that I just hope that if the doctors do have to deliver Jessica soon that you are kept fully informed throughout and that you feel that you are able to make any decisions based on all the information available.

You might want to search for information yourself, such as:
http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/40024676/

and try to talk to other mums who have been through something similar. There are mums of preterm babies on here.

I just hope that things turn out, somehow, by some miracle, to be okay. We all just want to see our babies grow up.

All my love,
Wendy
xxx

I am so sorry hun. I am thinking of you and your family and I am praying for you all. x x x x x :hug:

God thats harsh news!

You will defo be in my thoughts and I will be hoping that little one makes it through some how!!!

just out of interest, did they say if they delivered whether she would have a better chance outside the womb?

Omg, I'm so so sorry. I can't stop thinking about your little girl since I read the post. I really really hope she grows stronger, keep fighting in there little baby Jessica! :pray:

My baby was prem due to pre-eclamp. It's amazing the miracles that happen in neonate, thinking of you all. I'm always here if you need a shoulder hun, :hug:

This post had me in tears, I cant imagine what you are going through :cry:

I hope and pray Jessica is ok :pray: :hug:

ah hun, what awful news...thinking of you and praying for your little girl :hug: :hug:

This is devastating news. I don't know what to say other than I'm thinking of you.
Take care and best wishes.
S

littlejen123 said:
well i went for my scan and they told me that jessica is still measuring small.. she is measuring almost 1 month behind and the chance of survival looks very slim.. they are saying that she will probably pass away over the weekend.. the placenta has not formed properly and due to this jessica is stuggling to keep alive.. she is fighting so hard but they dont know how much longer she can fight for.. and they say i have also got pre-eclamp... my blood pressure is 144/95.. i have to be monitored over the next few days.. got another scan to go to on monday... but have been told to expect the worst by then... jessica needs to weigh 500grams for a 40% chance of survival on early deliver.. and at the moment she only weighs 425grams.....

steve and i are devestated.. as i can feel her kicking me even as im writing this.. but i know what the out come is going to be..

plz pray for my baby girl... they just need her to survive for a few more weeks for her to have a fighting chance

so sorry to hear this :(

aww ok now the other topic makes sense

goodluck and praying for your lil girl. shes fighted for 26weeks or so so shes gonna fight for another 13 or so. she will make it i have total faith in her :)

Your news has had me in tears...

i shall be praying there is some better news for you all on monday babes.. and i shall use your sig to pray as well.. and ask others to do it to...

big hugs.. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

OMG hun, I am sooooo sorry :cry: :hug:

Praying for you and little Jessica, I can't imagine what you are going through. What an awful thing to have to cope with, fingers crossed babe :hug:

Hoping and praying that things improve for you both & LO. :pray:
Your in my thoughts x :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back