Back from Midwife - She is breech what can i do

chickadee1976

Reaction score
Ok i know im only 32/33 weeks and there is plenty time but is there anything i can do to encourage bubs to burl about??

I found bouncing on a birthing ball worked a treat for me when Imogen was breech.

We had the same situation when we were at 30 and it was still apparently breech by 32 weeks. We were booked in to see the consultant at 34 weeks, and after he examined my wife’s belly, he said yep, the baby is definitely breech.
Then he did a scan and, to his surprise and ours, the baby was actually upside down and engaged in the pelvis! They thought it was breech because the head was hidden and thus couldn’t be felt - so they thought it’s bum must be its head when they were feeling by hand! :lol:
The best bit was that the baby was actually holding two fingers up at the screen as if to say "How could you ever doubt me?!" :rotfl:

I’m not saying this is what has happened to you though, but one thing my wife was told to do when we thought we were breech was to get down on all floors and slowly sway her hips. Also, not to slouch on the sofa too much!
Good luck, you’ve got bags of time yet.

Hi :wave:

My naughty little madam has been Breech since 28 weeks & I was really worried as midwife had told me procedure if she stayed Breech ie. ECV & c-section but we went for a scan last week to confirm she was still Breech & they said she had turned :cheer: that was at 36+4.

I did spend every night on my birthing ball (kneeing on floor & resting arms on it gently rolling side to side) & on all 4's at every opportunity with my bum in the air, very dignified :lol: !! Did this for last 2 weeks so not sure if this has helped her turn.

Easier said than done, but try not to worry, I did for weeks & she has turned now so all the worrying was pointless!

I hope your LO turns for you soon. :hug:

Spend lots of time on all 4's
And have a google for Optimal Fetal Positioning
Hope bubs shifts round for you lovely x x x x

Hiya :wave:

I was breech up until about 34 weeks and I found the best way to turn baby was to try and go on all fours for as much as possible during the day. try to aim for at least 15 minutes every couple of hours and you might feel the baby turn inside you.

Also plenty of exercise helps get the baby into a good position, especially swimming - but not on your back.

Find a midwife who does moxibustion in your area. It' proven to be effective in turning breech babies.

Having said this, when I went for my moxibustion when I was 34 weeks after being told by 2 midwives and a GP that he was breech, the midwife who would be performing it wasn't sure so sent me for a scan.....and.......
He wasn't breech at all!!!

K.xx

My daughter was breech and didn't turn, I think this wss down to my fluid levels being so low. I did try moxibustion which is a form of acupuncture, but I didn't keep it up as it made the house stink like we'd had a bunch of people smoking dope in the house :lol:.

What I had to do was place a big burning stick (much like a cigar) to my little toe for I think a few minutes at a time, apparently there is a pressure point here linked to the uterus which should help enable the baby to turn.

Good luck. You've still got plenty of time.

I ended up having a section with my daughter and although it wasn't my first choice, it wasn't the end of the world.

As everyone else says get down on your knee's with your elbows on the floor and sway your hips from side to side. Also if you can do it try lying with your legs up the babk of the sofa and I heard this morning on Portland babies that putting a bag of frozen peas on the top of your bump is supposed to help it turn too... :?

my bubs is breech to i am hoping he will turn himself if not i am prepared to have a c section so it wont be the end of the world, there is plenty of time for them to move yet hun :D

Dunno what mines doing, MW wont tell me..tells me its "too early to do all that" :shakehead:

My bubs was breech too and I think she turned at around 32 weeks but didn't fully realise she'd turned until a scan at 36 weeks. Nobody could be sure whether it was her head or bottom in my pelvis :D

Just before I think she turned at 32 weeks, I did one of the positions that is supposed to encourage them to turn. I put my legs up against a wall and put cushions under my hips to elevate them. It wasn't very comfortable but I had a lot of pain for a couple of nights that week and this is when I'm convinced my baby turned.

I also used moxasticks which some midwives use to help baby turn. You hold a lighted moxa stick on teh outsitde of your little toe for about 15 mins on each side. Do it every day for about 10 days from 34 weeks +.

I was so despondent that bubs was breech at around the same weeks gestation as you but you do have time for baby to turn so be optimistic.

James is still breech but my MW said that they won't worry til 36wks and then if he is still breech they'll manually give him a helpful shove in the right direction.....

Saying "Turn round ya lil b****r" does nothing by the way as have been saying that since 28wks and think he now staying put deliberately!

Am also reluctant to spend too much time on all fours for two reasons.. 1/ I can get down there but getting back up off the floor would take six council workmen and a large hoist and 2/ It's being in that position that got me in the pudding club in the first blooming place!!!!! :rotfl: (not really!)

Sarah xxx

Hia

My bubs is breech at the moment too. :? Im trying to be on all fours as much as possible (whilst fighting off my DH! :rotfl: )

Does anyone know, if bubs doesnt turn and I need a c section...when do they do it? At exactly 40 weeks? :?

CH0C0H0LIC said:
Saying "Turn round ya lil b****r" does nothing by the way as have been saying that since 28wks and think he now staying put deliberately!

and 2/ It's being in that position that got me in the pudding club in the first blooming place!!!!! :rotfl: (not really!)

Sarah xxx

Lol and lol, yes ive tried swearing at her no luck so far, and every time i try getting on all 4's Brian suddenly appears behind me.

I hope baby manages to turn but prepare yourself for the possibility that baby wont :hug:

sally12 said:
Hia

My bubs is breech at the moment too. :? Im trying to be on all fours as much as possible (whilst fighting off my DH! :rotfl: )

Does anyone know, if bubs doesnt turn and I need a c section...when do they do it? At exactly 40 weeks? :?

My DD never turned so I had a section at 39 weeks, they tend to do it at 38-39 weeks.

Bexie said:
My DD never turned so I had a section at 39 weeks, they tend to do it at 38-39 weeks.

Thanks Bexie...at least that would mean that my bubs would be here for xmas...every cloud and all that!

hi there,

Im prett sure i'm still breech too but from what i've heard, most babies do turn naturally so try not to worry. If i stick my bum up in the air too much i'm liable to trump!!!!!!! :rotfl:
I've actually found baby more active just lately so maybe he/she will turn by themselves one day but i'm not going to sweat it yet.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back