back from hospital tour and very pissed off!!

hennaly said:
They are now telling me not only am i not allowed to have a water birth as im high risk but i cant use the birthing suite either even though it is practically in the room next to the delivery room i am allowed to use, there is no more emergency equiptment in the delivery room than there is in the suite so there is no genuine reason why i cant use it, i am so anrgy i dont want to have baby there now so am looking for an alternative, i thought they were meant to have inmproved since my 12 yr old son was born and yet im still expected to give birth on my back :evil:

Sorry to butt in!!
That sounds odd. I'm in Bristol too. What hospital was it hun??

noodle1 said:
hennaly said:
They are now telling me not only am i not allowed to have a water birth as im high risk but i cant use the birthing suite either even though it is practically in the room next to the delivery room i am allowed to use, there is no more emergency equiptment in the delivery room than there is in the suite so there is no genuine reason why i cant use it, i am so anrgy i dont want to have baby there now so am looking for an alternative, i thought they were meant to have inmproved since my 12 yr old son was born and yet im still expected to give birth on my back :evil:

Sorry to butt in!!
That sounds odd. I'm in Bristol too. What hospital was it hun??
Southmead, where in Brisol are you?

I gave birth in Southmead last time and will be again. They were really accommodating for me last time. I wasn't allowed a water birth like I wanted either though because of strep. If you're really not happy why not contact St. Michaels.

xx

I did contact Bath hospital but they are less equipt than Southmead so ruled that out and i dont like the idea of St Micheals as its horrible to get through traffic if its busy and the parking is bloody aweful.
Now that Southmead has compromised i am ok about it and they have always been brilliant with my other births i just wanted it done differently this time.

HI
I can understand why your pi**ed off. I felt like that at first.
I wanted a home birth and got told under no circumctances could i have one due to being high risk (i have epilepsy and previous misscarriages and SPD)
So i asked to use teh midwife led delivery unit (no docs interfering) and got told errrr NO !!!!
So i have to be in the delivery suit where apparently i can be as mobile as i want they are just going to moniter me more closely, they said they want me there because they have consultants on the unit at all times and there is a theatre attached for emergancy c-section, so i have to do what they say.

In one way your lucky you seem to have options of other hospitals and second opinions, we have one hospital in liverpool to deliver the babies and that is liverpool womens 10 years ago there was a large choice but then the emalgimated 5 hospital into one in the city centre, miles away from me, (18 sets of traffic lights minimum hehe) if i dont like there i have to travel out to whiston or ormskirk which are even futher.

I hope you get the birth you want,
I have decided that as long as he is healthy am gonna do what ever they ask hehe
good luck
Pam x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back