Had hospital tour today...

bobkat

Reaction score
...it was amazing!!!

Chesterfield Royal is looking like a fab choice. All the mw led rooms bar one have a HUGE birthing pool in them (you could swim lengths in them) and none of them have beds to promote active birth so they have balls, huge bean bags to lean on, chairs, birthing stools and a thick gym mat on the floor for you to kneel on and lean on the various bits of furniture. They have people trained in aromatherapy if you want a massage or a comforting smell in the room - can't have the stuff in the pool though. There was a huge en suite and a 'parent room' in the corridor for OH to go and have a bit of a break if needed - I told mine if I wasn't getting a break he certainly wasn't!

All the people on the tour were about as far along as me and I could tell we were all eyeing each other up and thinking - I hope I get in here before all of these to make sure I get one of these rooms!

If you have any problems or have an epidural then they move you across to the consultant led side of the unit which only has one birthing pool for all the rooms and nothing apart from beds in - the rooms looked really small and boring in comparison so I'm really hoping everything goes smoothly and I get to give birth in the mw led bit in one of the really nice pools.

Sorry for really long post but I was so excited by it I am really looking forward to giving birth now. OH was a bit inexpressive about it so I need to vent my excitement on here instead.

Men aren't!!! lol!!! we went to look at one hospital and have a second hospital tuesday to compare!!

Not totally convinced on the first one (have to share a bathroom with another room) and on the ward you go to after out of all the beds we only saw one person (but looked like 4 beds were occupied)!!!

aww wow,

how did you hear about it, id like to look round Doncaster (its where i live, but Bassetlaw is only about 20mins away)

to compaire them, im doubtful Doncaster has anything nice, lol but im hoping theres a water birthing room cos id like to try it :)

x

My friend attended this tour yesterday! I'm so jealous :( off to Bassetlaw in Worksop which I'm viewing on Saturday.

I work in Worksop and know quite a few people who have given birth at Bassetlaw and they were always very pleased with the care they were given so I'm sure Bassetlaw is fine.

Chesterfield is just my local hospital, it was either that or Jessop's in Sheffield which apparently is the only hospital maternity unit for the whole city - unbelievable! - so I went for Chesterfield, I'd feel a bit less like a number there although I've heard the care at Jessops is good too.

Esoames - can't believe your mate was there too. When is she due, I hope I don't have to fight with her at reception for one of the rooms!

Sounds really good hun, its good knowing ur way aorund before you go in...not long to go now :) xx goodluck xx

I work in Worksop and know quite a few people who have given birth at Bassetlaw and they were always very pleased with the care they were given so I'm sure Bassetlaw is fine.

Chesterfield is just my local hospital, it was either that or Jessop's in Sheffield which apparently is the only hospital maternity unit for the whole city - unbelievable! - so I went for Chesterfield, I'd feel a bit less like a number there although I've heard the care at Jessops is good too.

Esoames - can't believe your mate was there too. When is she due, I hope I don't have to fight with her at reception for one of the rooms!

Shes due 29th of September, so is 35 weeks tomorrow :) Sarah's her name and shes short with short brown hair and glasses, her really tall husband would have been with her. She sent me this really long message saying how amazing it was! Grrrr i hope i'm as impressed on Saturday!

Emma

I hope you are too, good luck. I shall keep an eye out for her, if I go first I'll bagsie the room for her after I've finished! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back