Back from Hospital - A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL !

First time mum

Reaction score
Well girls, I left the hospital earlier today having been there since early Friday.

I woke up just after 5am on Friday and just felt quite restless. I then suddenly felt very wet and assumed it was a big bout of discharge! I got up to go to the loo and then all of a sudden a huge gush just came out, running down each leg all the way to my ankles.
I got on the loo and shouted to Paul that my waters had broke.

Never seen him get up so quickly out of bed "are you sure, are you sure you havent just p*****d yourself"! was the response. (men, bless him!) :shakehead: :shakehead:

I sat for about 10 mins till it stopped, got back to bed and we just lay there in shock, all I kept thinking was I'm only 33 weeks, far, far too early, baby could be in trouble here.
10 mins later same thing happened again only with a lot more. I actually just stood in the middle of the bathroom and let him watch it pour from me - He was now very convinced!. Panic sent in, I rang the hospital, they said to come down, we threw some stuff into a bag and went down there. Before I left I went through a whole toilet roll and 5 maternity pads!!

We spent from 8.30pm till 4pm at one hospital, had an internal, blood tests, temperature, blood pressure checks and I was given anti-biotics and a steroid injection to try to mature baby's lungs. We were told that while there was a bed for me, there was non for the baby should I deliver as neo-natal full, so they rang round all the hospitals in the county to try and get me transfered. I then went to Basingstoke in the back of an ambulance and got admitted there.

I was told that they needed to keep me in for at least 48 hours for monitoring as I had a 50/50 chance of going into labour. I stayed over 72 hours in the end, with lots of tests carried out.

We had another scan this morning and there is a small amount of water still around the baby and they said that the baby is looking like it weighs 4lb. 4oz at the moment.

I have to go back 3 times a week for monitoring and tests and I'm on antibiotics and have to check my temp every 4 hours at home. If all okay, they will let me carry on till week 36/37 but will then definately induce me.

I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that baby will be here in the next 3 weeks now!
My tummy feels a lot smaller and is so soft, very strange!

Thank you to Sugarhigh for updating you all while I've been in hospital and many thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate them. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi :wave:
I'm just new in Tri 3 but very glad that everything is ok and you will see your little one very soon!!!!

My waters went at 28 weeks and by the time I was induced at 37 weeks, my waters had replenished and soaked the midwife when she broke them again! I hope that everything goes well for you and you stay infection free. :hug:

Glad to hear everything is ok. Hope LO hangs in there for a few more weeks. xxx

Glad you and LO are OK :D

I didn't know your waters could replenish, the body is an amasing thing. That must be comforting to know that First Time Mum :hug:

Glad everything is looking ok and I hope your waters replenish for you and baby hangs on in there :hug:

glad youre both ok and LO is nice and comfy so doesnt wanna come out just yet
:hug:

Thanks for your messages.

Well, its been 6 days since they broke now, no sign of labour yet, although I keep getting the braxton hicks really bad. I go back to the hospital tomorrow morning for another round of checks etc.

I never knew your waters get replenished either, however I am still leaking a lot and have to constantly wear a maternity pad, I flooded the bed two nights ago.

I am trying to keep positive but do worry that the baby will be okay if its born. I also feel very emotional and cry throughout the day.
I am trying to rest as much as I can but yesterday went out to get some smaller baby clothes (prem and early-baby ones) and I just burst into tears in the shop.

Fingers crossed I can keep the baby in a bit longer :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back