• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**Back from consultant**

Tillytots

Reaction score
Hi girls :wave:

Just quickly popped on to say I went to midwife this morning. Everything is ok. Baby is only 2/5 enagaged but its better than nout! She said the consultants should make a decision today on what they are going to do with me. I have an appointment to see Middy again next week but I told the recepionsist that I didnt want to be going to that as I will have hopefully had him by then. With that she waved her magic wand (pencil) and cast a labour spell :dance: Im planning on popping within the next 7 days or she has a duff wand! :x

I have a scan later on and consultant .. looking forward to the scan but not so much the consultant because its like talking to a squirrell! Will update later on :wave:

xx

**UPDATE**

Ello! Well I had my scan, baby is a fatty. He is weighing in at just over 8lb right now. Obviously it might not be accurate but believe me he feels big and the consultant has written bigg'ish baby on my notes :lol: She said they will keep an eye on me to make sure he doesnt get overly big....erm not sure how they work that one out but hey-ho. Im booked in for a sweep on my due date, she said they usually leave you 41+ until they offer sweeps but she thinks it might be a good idea. She also said I'll hopefully have had him before then. Sods law I go into labour soon, I have no hot water/heating as my boiler has broken today, no food and not a penny to my name until next week. So come on baby. Ooo and I feel sooooooooo ill, Im burning up and feel :puke: I hope its that labour spell!!
xxx

Tillytots said:
Im planning on popping within the next 7 days or she has a duff wand! :x

Here's hoping she doesn't have an up the duff wand then :rotfl:

Good news that the baby has engaged again; he obviously knew he'd be in trouble with his mummy if he didn't! I'm only 3/5 engaged so not too far ahead of you and as Bl;oom has proved engagement seems to mean sod all anyway!!!

Good luck with the popping; one of us has to go soon! :hug:

debecca said:
and as Bloom has proved engagement seems to mean sod all anyway!!!

GOOD! :lol:

Good Luck later on Tilly- it can't be long for you now! :hug:

I hope the appointment later on goes well. It's good news nemo is back in place.
I was only 3/5 engaged when in labour with James so it could be anytime now :D

Hoping this afternoon goes well and you finally get a decision.

Glad MW was good also this morning :hug: He's at least pointing the right way :lol:

Hey hun, hope everything goes well with your appointment later on. :hug:

Good luck, hope the consultants give you an answer today.

:hug: :hug: :hug: glad this morning was good, let's hope your squirrel afternoon isn't too bad! xx

2/5 engaged is good! Doesn't it mean that it's 3/5 'in' and the midwife can only feel 2/5 of the head? I seem to remember the 'engaged' terms meaning the reverse of what it sounds, if you know what I mean! Sounds like bubs is well in there! :dance:

Hope it's not long for you now :hug:

That's great news. Let us know how you get on at the scan.

Usually when they say engaged it means that's how far the head is in the pelvis. When they're talking about how much they can feel they usually use the term "fifths palpable" so in Tilly's case bub would be 3/5 palpable - they can feel 3/5 of the head meaning the other 2/5 are in the pelvis. Hope that makes sense :lol: .

Glad it went well hun!! it could be any time soon I'm sure and at least they are gonna do the sweep early if you've not had him by then.
:cheer: :cheer:

Glad the scan went well. He's a biggun! :shock: At least you'll get a sweep early on.

Sounds like you need to go round your mums and raid her fridge! :lol:

yey all sounds promising :) - I've got a sweep booked too now - next Wed - hoping it is as successful as in the past - last 2 babies delivered within 12 hours of sweep :)

Glad it was decent news :hug:

They are not overly concerned about your fluid levels I take it then? If they seem happy to let you go into labour naturally.

And 8lb is a fair size :lol: I'm that little bit behind you and mine will be about that come next week.

Yep he is a biggun! :lol:

They said he is quite big for a first baby and especially big for me ( Polly Pocket) so expect labour to be rather long....thats why they havent given me an induction date because they said usually inductions = even longer labour and things will probably go pear shaped if Im induced so its best to let things progress naturally.

My fluid was ok. The sonographer didnt measure it but said it looked fine...although she said it was fine when it was high :lol:

My BP and baby size is more of a concern now. BP was up to 148/95 but came down to 145/80 which they were happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back