Back from 20 week scan...

DebbieM

Reaction score
Well, after last night and this morning's little episodes at home with the "spotting", I was not looking as forward to the scan as I had been, even though I had been nervous anyway, but I spent the 2 hours before the scan sobbing with worry.

Anyway, we told the sonographer what has happened and she started the scan.

The news is that all is absolutely fine with Flump. He's measuring at 20+6 which would put us at our original date when we first calculated but obviously the date doesn't change as it is less than a week. His belly and thigh bone were both meauring a week and a day ahead at 21+5 but she said with regard to the leg, that's a good thing as short legs can be a sign of something being wrong.

He weighs approximately around 1lb as of today.

Placenta is anterior and is not at all low which I am pleased about. She said all is fine with him and the placenta and she could see no reason for the discharge at all. Told me to mention it at my next MW appointment which is Wednesday but didn't seem concerned. She said that sometimes it can be that your cervix is sensitive so it can bleed but it won't harm the baby at all.

Anyway, everything is good and here are our scan pics:

mecham20w_side.jpg

mecham20w_side_hands.jpg

mecham20w_side_head_closeup.jpg

We also stuck to our plan and went shopping afterwards for our first ever baby items. We bought more than intended because we got carried away. We spent £90 but bringing home baby stuff for our OWN baby is just so cool! It's made it feel more real!

As we are firmly remaining Team Green we bought everything in neutral colours but it's all gorgeous. Here is a pic!

babystuff-small.jpg

Aw congrats....Deb i saw that cardigan in George and have to get it, its lush! So good to hear everything is well.
Ps: on facebook now so add me!!! :hug:

loverly pics and all that shopping ! gorgous stuff ! so glad everythign was ok , and we have matching anterior placentas and big belly babies lmao

I'm excited for you! Glad that the scan showed everything to be OK, bleeding during pregnancy is no fun as you automatically fear the worst.

I respect the whole team green thing- I'm far too nosy not to find out! I love the clothes you have bought- gorgeous on a little boy or a girl!

Phew thank god everything is ok! The clothes are gorgeous too :D .. now you can relax hun.. :hug:

got team green!!! :rotfl: ( not that i am)

congrats all went well, cutie pics :hug:

Glad the scan went well and the pics are cute!

Love the baby stuff too

AnnaR2B said:
Aw congrats....Deb i saw that cardigan in George and have to get it, its lush! So good to hear everything is well.
Ps: on facebook now so add me!!! :hug:

What's your name on there? :D

glad everything went well :D great scan pics and nice clothes.I have the sleepsuits and the bodysuits there just toooo cute arent they.I love the jacket with the bear face on,I must get one :rotfl:

Great news!! I'm glad all went well and you enjoyed your shopping trip. :dance:

Congratulations Debbie and Flump, I am so glad that everything went okay for you at your scan!!! :D The clothes that you have bought are gorgeous, I bet you had a lot of fun with Matt when you went shopping.

Crystal xx

Im glad it went well and well done for staying team green.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back