Baby's tummy enlarged...

Rosie1

Reaction score
Hello ladies

I'm a little concerned, i went for a scan last week as baby had been moving less (she is wriggling away like a trooper again so no worried there).

They did all the checks and everything looked fine, growth is all normal, except for her tummy, which they said is bigger than it should be. I instantly thought there was something wrong and started asking loads of questions, but all they could tell me is that "its one of those things" and they're "sure there's nothing to worry about".

I can't stop thinking about it, and am really worried that something is wrong with her. Has anyone ever had anything like this or know anything about it?!

When I had my scan last week they said babies tummy was big. I sat there thinking oh shit whats wrong and when I asked what it could be their reply was, you eat too much chocolate and cakes! :shock: Basically baby was just a fatty and it was nothing to worry about apart from having to push it out :lol:

Dont worry hun, mine has a fatty tummy too :hug: :hug: :hug:

I don't think it's uncommon for babys body parts to grow at different rates, with some bits measuring a week or so bigger than others.
I'm sure they would have said if it was anything to worry about :hug: :hug:

Yeh, they would have said if they were worried, or asked u in for another scan.
Mention it to your midwife at your next appt if u're worried tho hon

:hug:

x

Thanks

glad to hear that mine isn't the only fatty boom boom! I think it probably has something to do with the amount of coke i am drinking then...i know its bad for me and i should be staying away from the sugar / caffeine, but i am ADDICTED :oops: i just love love love the stuff at the moment.

I haven't had a cup of tea or coffee for 6 months to try and make up for it!

my babies head is growing more than all the other parts!

tilly reckons big brain but i just think serious pain !!!!

i think all the iron tablets are doing this but yeah think it is normal to have body parts a bit ahead

x

I had a scan at 34+4 and my LO's tummy was measuring in at 38+5 :rotfl: Songorapher said baby is a tubster. Doctor said the same thing and wasn't worried other than it looks like LO is on the big side. And also our LO's head measured in at 36+5 so go figure :roll: My fundal height has been pretty much spot on all the way through :roll: :wall:

Like Tilly my Doc hinted at my weight and diet being the reason baby was biff. My diet is actually pretty good, but I have a hell of a job keeping weight off without a decent workout. Hence my weight gain.

No one was concerned (other than large baby to deliver) and I went and saw my MW straight afterwards and discussed the results with her and she wasn't worried either.

If there had been any cause for concern I am sure they would have let you know. Just watch the diet/food/sugar intake as it does add to baby size.

Just to clarify I dont believe for one min my bubs tummy is to do with my diet as I eat really well?? They also tried blaming Gestational Dibetes but Ive had a test for that and was fine :think:

God knows why it is but not all babies grow the same do they :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back