Baby's first bath

BellaRiven

Reaction score
So Riven is about to have his first bath

Any hints and tips :)?

Xxxx

Awwww take photos if you can (sorry, that was no help) x

Make it a little bit warmer than you think it needs to be, nice and deep, and warm the towel for getting out. Hope he enjoys it! Xxx

Have a spare towel! Tyler pooed on his! We also did it in the kitchen sink.
Have everything ready so you can quickly dry and dress.

I agree with above, make it as warm as you think baby can manage w/out being uncomfortable, I know this is difficult. But sometimes they dont like it luke-warm.

At your LO's age bath times are normally a nightmare. If it does end up like that, just get it over with, a quick wash & thats it.

Oh and a very warm towel for after & a warm room. towel in the tumble-dryer would be a good idea. Also, when it comes to drying & putting jammies on, try one 1/2 at a time & keep the other 1/2 covered.

xxxxxxxxx

Well that was fun lol....

OH is disappointed as we didn't communicate so well, baby slipped from my arm where I was holding him and hubby panicked as he does and made to grab bubs when I already had him :) and then I snapped at him and he backed off in a huff...

We both got baby dressed and ready :) which was good and peace has been restored, even if hubby is a bit put out he didn't have much involvement in first bath.

I've said we need to get a seat thingy I think instead of using my arm as a hook, oh well lesson learnt, I've also said that hubby can take next bath :)

Hubby is now giving him a side parting lol with the brush....

Thanks for the hints and tips Ladies x x x x

Oh the positioning is a nightmare isn't it. I remember the days my OH was out, trying to bathe this wee wiggly baby, and my eldest running about next to me trying to "help". the big spongey baby shaped things are good. Its like a massive sponge baby fits into.

xxxxxxx

We bought a tippee toes bath from amazon which was only about £12 and has an integrated plastic slope. It is fantastic and I would say one of the best things I have bought for baby. At 9 weeks her bath is her favourite time of day!

Haha BellaRiven! We have just had first bath time too!! Was eventful! Lesson 1 was don't sit waiting on hubby getting bathwater temperature perfect and taking forever to do so with your nappy free daughter on your knee in a towel when she hasn't yet done a poo! She poo'd all over me!

We got a tummy tub which was a bit of a nightmare to be honest as she is so small, I was trying to hold her, hubby bath her but here was no room for all our hands and she was so slippy! We snapped at each other too.

Was not a good experience for poor Jessica, the normally calm little poppet was wailing all the way through! Felt awful!

Off out to buy a normal bath this afternoon in prep for round 2!

Loads of fun this new mummy lark isn't it?! Xx

we have a plastic seat which goes in the baby bath - its been a godsend!! :) x

Haha BellaRiven! We have just had first bath time too!! Was eventful! Lesson 1 was don't sit waiting on hubby getting bathwater temperature perfect and taking forever to do so with your nappy free daughter on your knee in a towel when she hasn't yet done a poo! She poo'd all over me!

We got a tummy tub which was a bit of a nightmare to be honest as she is so small, I was trying to hold her, hubby bath her but here was no room for all our hands and she was so slippy! We snapped at each other too.

Was not a good experience for poor Jessica, the normally calm little poppet was wailing all the way through! Felt awful!

Off out to buy a normal bath this afternoon in prep for round 2!

Loads of fun this new mummy lark isn't it?! Xx

Lol they are just as wriggly in a normal bath lol, I am loving the mummy lark even if it is tiring, Riven is proving o be a complete time waster for me lol but I dont care x x

Next time hubby wants a bath run it warm but baby temp and let him take her in with him if he wants more involvment Alice loves bath time with us and its much easier than trying to hold her from the side x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back