Bath time

Nic36

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
Just wondering how you all bath your LOs... I struggle quite a bit if I'm honest.
Emily is the most wriggly little thing and she doesn't have great neck control yet either, so I have to try and support her head, hold her body and wash her... Don't seem to have enough hands for the job! Any tips or advice to make the task more manageable greatly received! Anybody use a bath support - any recommendations?
Thanks all! :)

I have a little teddy bear bath supprt for Tilly which holds her up in the bath.

Harry's got a foam bath support which came with his bath but I don't use it luckily harry just relaxes in the bath, I have mark wash harry while I support him so I don't have to struggle om my own x

I bath Kallie in a litlle baby bath that fits in the kitchen sink. It came with a fabric infant insert, but it gets all wet and cold so we never even used it. I hold her chin with my arm kind of down along her tummy so she can't wriggle while I wash her hair, and I use a cup to rinse her hair. Then when I wash her body I just make sure one hand is always holding her, usually around her shoulder area. I wash all of her folds and crevices with a cloth before I bath her so that bath time is really quick. I only give her a bath every 3 or 4 days and I only wash her hair every second bath because her scalp was getting really dry.

Last night I put baby in the big bath with my older child. I had one hand supporting his neck and one under his chin just in case and the rest of him floated I was amazed! There must be a lot of wind in that belly. It wasn't a proper bath to get clean just a little dip lol n he loved it.

Last night I put baby in the big bath with my older child. I had one hand supporting his neck and one under his chin just in case and the rest of him floated I was amazed! There must be a lot of wind in that belly. It wasn't a proper bath to get clean just a little dip lol n he loved it.

Hehehe! The amount of wind Emily has, she should float well too! :)

we do it together, oh will hold her in the baby bath while i wash her, think id be afraid id drown her if i done it by my self

Go on to Argos and put in baby bath you will see a seat that newborns can sit in. Ours is pink and it's amazing.

Before Macy cried she whole way through a bath as I think I was worried and the tension was passing on to her.
Now she loves bath time and screams when we get her out.

I was terrified of bathing sam so I bought the mamas and papas baby bath £28 but it has baby and toddler support in it.
It has to be one of my best purchases, sam relaxes and so do I lol x

Little muffin, is it the foldaway bath you have got?
Sue - just looked at the m&p one - looks very good! I think I need to get some sort of bath support to make bath time more enjoyable for both me and Emily! :)
Thanks for all the advice ladies! :)

Go on to Argos and put in baby bath you will see a seat that newborns can sit in. Ours is pink and it's amazing.

Before Macy cried she whole way through a bath as I think I was worried and the tension was passing on to her.
Now she loves bath time and screams when we get her out.

I have this seat and it's fab it Makes bath time do much easier xxx

I have that seat too - its brilliant and so easy to bath Isla, you don't have to worry about her slipping out your hands!!

i have to have help when i bath max as he's so strong and big, i only bath him once a week and just top and tail wash everyday xxxxx

My sis in law is a baby nurse & showed me how to bath. I put my arm around his back as he is sitting up in bath and grab hold of the top of the arm that is furthest away from me. Hold it firmly & your arm will be going round her back & can support her head, leaving your other arm free for washing!

My sis in law is a baby nurse & showed me how to bath. I put my arm around his back as he is sitting up in bath and grab hold of the top of the arm that is furthest away from me. Hold it firmly & your arm will be going round her back & can support her head, leaving your other arm free for washing!
I do the same, works brilliantly no matter how much she wriggles and feels comletely safe!

We have been putting E in the big bath for a couple of weeks as she was getting a bit king for the baby bath.

We have a non slip mat and fill it up to my knuckles and she lays in it without me holding her. She loves it and the arms and legs go crazy, almost like she is trying to do back stroke.

We started off with the m&p oval bath and seat insert (the green teddy one) and then put the seat in the bath then laid her in to give her a 'dip' iykwim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back