Babymoons

robby

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

we just found out that we're pregnant and we're looking forward to have a babymoon later this year. As I have no experience with that I would love to hear about your experiences...

We probably want to travel somewhere around Maldives, Sri Lanka, or Thailand where we have to fly for a few hours. What are your experiences with long-distances flights? Do you think that is a problem?

Can you also recommend some good travel agents where we could book such a babymoon?

Thank you all,
Robby

It shouldn't be an issue. Usually the planes they send long-distance are more roomy than the ones you get on 'economy' and short haul flights.
As long as you move around plenty so keep your circulation going I think it would be fine.
It's also recommended you wear support stockings during the flight lol. (Think you can buy them from Boots).
Oh and make sure you stay hydrated.

Congratulations! :D

I personally don't see an issue - keep doing what you can for as long as you can I say!
What I would say though is check with the airline regarding flights and PG. I know some airline's don't like you to fly after 28 weeks, and most other PG websites advise you to take out relevant insurance etc. As others have suggested, keep hydrated and get up and move around as often as you can like walking up and down the aisles.
Personally, I'm not very good with flying in general, so that's why my DH and I are combining our babymoon/his birthday/our wedding anniversary into a cottage stay in Penrith when I'll be around 34 weeks.
We've only ever used eshores for our USA roadtrip last year. I hear Thomson can be quite good and some times you can get really good deals with a local travel agent and sometimes booking direct with airline and hotel saves the pennies too.
Do let us know if and where you go and how you get on though!
All the best,

Last edited:
If I could afford to I would definitely go away, make the most of it! x

I would go if I could! I'm desperate for some sun and this weather is still too cold.
But I have a houseful of pets and some hens so can't go as my mum's not wanting to look after them all right now (I'm hoping I can persuade her to in September/October so I can go away with the baby haha!)
Also my eldest's passport has expired and haven't got round to renewing it (not much point if we don't actually go anywhere this year lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back