Have you been abroad while your travel comp has gone bust?

SarahH

Reaction score
Just had a text from my mate she is on hols in Greece and she was booked to fly with XL Air.

She was asking if I had seen anything on the news with regard to them going in to administration and people being stranded.

I found their website and basically if you booked direct with them - you are screwed and will have to pay for your own flights back etc.

If you booked through a travel agent etc. you will be ATOL protected and to call a number to get new details.

My question is - have any of you had to get new flights through ATOL protection? If so, did you get flights for the same day you were due back or did you have to come home earlier/later???

I aint got a clue hun but its been all over the news this morning, not nice like!

The CAA Have to arrange for replacement aircraft to get passengers home, see:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/trave ... -home.html

there's no guarantee when people will get home, is your friend with a tour company or travelled independantly? hope she gets home safely

god I'd hate to be a rep at the moment with people booked on XL flights!!!!

My parents neighbours in Ireland came over with an Irish airline that went bust while they were over. They had to rebook their tickets with another airline and claim the money back through their insurance.

It was really awful for them... Hope your friend is OK. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back