Babyfood and childcare

jojo_2012

Reaction score
I went to visit the nursery we're going to be using yesterday. It's one for hospital staff, not a cheap one it's very well run. They don't let you bring your own babyfood it comes pre-cooked in a tray the same as hospital food does!!

Lewis only has home cooked food and finger food he's too spoilt. Jars will taste like crap to him now. I dread the thought of him being forced to eat it they'll just think he's being difficult.

Is this normal for a nursery or is it worth me asking around for ones I can supply my own food? Also has anyone found any that will give young babies finger foods or won't they risk it?

The nurseries i looked at dont allow own baby food as well but they have food cooked on premises so it looked nice. I did ask about finger foods and they said they follow parents' lead

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Every nursery I've worked at, has had an on site chef so that all the food is cooked fresh everyday. A lot of nurseries ask you to supply food for under 1s to make sure they're only given food they've had before (incase of reactions etc). Others will fill out dietary forms every day with requests for each child: smooth purée, lumpy purée, finely chopped, baby led weaning etc etc. But they'll follow what ever you ask for.

We gave the babies in our care finger foods from about 8 months unless parents asked us not to. Stuff like veg sticks, toast, cheese fingers etc.

Last edited:
When I was anursery nurse we always had a cook. She used to feed babies, children & staff. We had alittlegirl who bought herown food in because it was her Parentswishes. This was 7 years ago now though so i'm sure alot has changed x

Own food might be a problem because there are soooo many health/safety/food hygiene regs now. But it might be worth asking around. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

i supply my own food for my lo up to 2. they have strict rules about re-heating it. its a bit of a faff but ultimatley i prefer it!

Well I've signed up for it anyway I'll see how I feel nearer the time I can always tell a little white lie that LO has allergies or something and bring my own food I'm only 10 min walk away in the main hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back