lumpy food!

babyjay1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my LO has been on solids for a while now. At first i was making my own stuff (sweet pot ect.) but when i tried him on the hipp jars he loved them so i just stuck with them. However, i've tried him on the ones with a few lumps and he just spits it out. I even tried him on home cooked food (blended WITHOUT lumps) and because the texture was different to the jars he didn't really take to that either. He does eat rusks and stuff like that but i don't really know how to get him to that next stage on his food. Do i just try him on lumpy food every so often? Sorry for going on a bit, probably worrying about nothing AGAIN :roll:

i've just started Conal on jars with lumps and it's taking a while he had his first half jar today, i have been trying him with little bits for about a week and he kept spitting them out too, i tried to find ones that were the same as the purreed ones but with lumps in so i knew he liked the taste that seemed to help.

My eldest was anightmare to get onto lumpy food she didn't eat anything with lumps till about 9 months and she went straight from purreed to finger food, he'll get it in the end Willow used to have 2 jars at a time at one point cos she wouldn't have lumpy

Good luck

Heather :D

I think that you probably have to just keep trying. Jake was pretty good so I was lucky. Jake did gag a bit at first and spit some out but he took to it quickly. It might be worth trying a different brand of 7 month plus jars as some have smaller lumps or mix half a small 4-6 month jar with some of the 7 month jar so it has fewer lumps. I also gave Jake finely grated cheese to get him used to a different texture and having to chew( you could put some finely grated cheese in with a 4-6 month jar when it isn't too hot so it doesn't melt).

Thanks guys i'll keep trying. That sounds a good idea about the cheese in the smooth food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back