Baby weight?

hennaly

Reaction score
How much did your baby put on from his birth weight at 7 weeks, i had Levi weighed today and he has gone from 9lb 11oz born to 11lb 5 oz today, i cant remember with my others as it was so long ago now so thought u guys could help me out here.

I have no idea, but I'm curious to what the others say. I haven't had the chance to weigh Calum since he was bout 3 weeks old but we have our 8 week check on Monday so hopefully we'll get him weighed then. It will be interesting to see how big he is compared to other people's babies!

I did an inaccurate weigh on my scales at home, weighing myself then him. According to that Kai is roughly 10 - 11 lbs :D

ollies weight:

birth 8lb
10 days 8lb3
15 days 8lb9
22 days 9lb 9
34 days 10lb9
7 weeks 11lb7
8 weeks 12lb1
11 weeks 13lb2

hope this helps

do u think it makes a difference if they are breast or bottle fed?

no idea.. is levi breast or bottle?

ollies bottle now but his weight did drop alot when i was breastfeeding but my milk hadnt come in. sounds like levi is following the same pattern as ollie weight wise though?

to be honest i am happy with his weight as he looks fine and i can see his is growing nicely but it just didnt seem to be as much of a gain as i would have expected, i guess i should go by what he looks like :think:

I always go by the average line in the red book.. he's a tiny bit under and i tend to worry.

changing the subject.. i really do love that pic you have.

Claire x

nori said:
I always go by the average line in the red book.. he's a tiny bit under and i tend to worry.

changing the subject.. i really do love that pic you have.

Claire x
thanks i really must do another one :D

Erin was 7lb9 born
5 days 7lb6
11 days 7lb14
19 days 8lb5
4 weeks 9lb4
5 weeks 9lb7
7 weeks 10lb
9 weeks 10 13lb
11 weeks 11 lb 11

must vary from boys to girls though.

xx

I do think BF babies have a different growth line thing hun! I read someone on here mention it! :D

Lola was 7lbs 9.5 at birth and 11lbs 6oz at 8 weeks! Shes a chunky though heehee

he lost quite alot to begin with, went from 9lb 11oz to 8lb 10oz so i guess he has gained a fair bit.

:wave: hey hun, Miran was born weighting 7.7 lbs ( 3.5 kg) and was 11.4 lbs ( 5.2 kg) at 6 weeks check on Tuesday. I am breastfeeding during the day and give him 150 ml of formula at 10 pm.

Hi hun :wave:

My son is formula fed and here is his growth pattern

Born - 7lb 8oz

12 days - 7lb 3oz (lost weight)

3 weeks - 8lb 1oz

7 weeks - 10lb 10oz

9 weeks - 11lb 15oz

12 weeks - 14lb 3 oz

xxxxxx

hennaly said:
he lost quite alot to begin with, went from 9lb 11oz to 8lb 10oz so i guess he has gained a fair bit.

That makes all the difference IMO. If they lost a bit to begin with it might seem like they've not gained much cos they've had to put that weight back on.

Molly was 6lb born but only lost half an ounce in her first week and was 9lb at 7 weeks. She's formula fed too which can make a difference.

Josh was 9 lb 12oz when born and at 7 weeks he weighed 12 lb 5 oz.

He was breast fed for the first few weeks but I had to give up as it didn't work out with him being in and out of hospital for the first three/four weeks so he's been bottle fed since around 3 weeks.

Hiya hun
Bottle fed babies tend to put on weight quicker than breast fed. Holly is breast fed and weighed 6 lb 15.5oz at birth, she lost a bit then at 8 weeks she was weighed in at 9lb 12 oz. Levi sounds like he's doing really well to me. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back