baby wearing experts please....

fothers

Reaction score
Baby wearing experts......

Maisie loves being worn in a carrier but now the weather is getting colder I was wondering what sort of things you dressed them in in winter for baby wearing?

At the moment if it is cold she normally has tights on and maybe a jacket over a dress but what when it gets really cold?

At the moment Oliver just wears his normal clothes, and our shared body heat is enough to keep us warm, but as it gets colder I will probably put him in a jacket and wooly hat. I'm also planning to get a massive fleece or poncho and cut an extra head hole in it so that we can both go underneath it in really cold weather. Body heat is the best thing for keeping them warm so I find it better to keep him closer to me rather than wrapping us both up in loads of layers. If his legs were getting cold I would put him in babylegs but you have a girl so she can wear tights so there's not as much of an issue with the gap between trousers and socks :)

good idea about the poncho- will look out for that!

Obviously living in Spain we have more of the reverse prob - too hot in summer for baby wearing, at least for Ani and me - we both feel the heat at the best of times. We are just getting back into it now that it is cooling off. I will say that body heat IS best, better than loads of clothes - but i LOVE the poncho idea...will def do something like that, thanks for the idea! :D

Lisa

Monkey pockets rock! Also you could try the babywearing blanket from Suse Kinder.

Stock up on babylegs too, great for giving little legs some extra layers and for closing the gap between trousers and shoes :)

are there any decent boy baby legs ? just lelands legs where all on show in his sling couple of weeks ago and it was freezing !

Those monkey pockets look great- will add it to the wish list :wink:

There are loads of boy baby legs :D

I got a solarveil Monkey Pocket for summer and I love it. I wish I bought the winter one at the same time as I didn't realise about customs or, more specifically, the £8 handling charge Royal Mail take :wall: I had to pay £13 to collect the Monkey Pocket which cost £26. I was not a happy bunny!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back