Baby Walker

RitaJS

Reaction score
My LO just wants to be up and off, she cannot quite crawl yet, but is getting around on her belly but if we hold her hands she is off walking.

I would really like to get her a baby walker as i think she will really enjoy the independence of getting herself around, my OH has read a few reviews on them and is really against getting her one because he has read that they can have a detrimental effect on the baby, something to do with stunting their development as the baby becomes lazy.

Does anyone have any comments on this?

I can't see how it stunts any development... as far as I can see it helps because it gives them the confience to get on thier feet and it also helps build up those leg muscles which they're gonna need for walking.

Evie has gone from strength to strength since she got a walker. She loves running about in it. It's also given her the confidence to put one foot in front of the other and now she uses her push along walker with just as much enthusiasm.

Also if I was going to recommend one it would be the Chicco DJ walker... great walker, easy movement, 3 height levels and a brilliant yet noisy toy on the tray too!

all the reviews point to the Chicco walker, nearly every single one is positive - i'm gonna get this i think.

I'm just gonna buy it, i know OH will be annoyed but hey, whatever - onces he see's how happy OH is in it he'll come round!

thanks for your help. xx

erm, idk millie had a walker and was in it loads. she was a bit late proper crawling (she was commando-crawling from about 5 months but proper crawling was about 9 or 10 months) and altho she's been walking if holding onto fingers with both hands (with someone behind her providing the fingers lol) since about 9 months; she only last week decided she was confident enough to toddle holding only one hand! and she is 15 and a half months old! she still isnt 100% independently walking yet i think she's slightly behind average (not sure what average is, im just going off babies on here!) we dont kno whether its co-incidence but it might be the walker thats made her a bit behind with her mobility! :think:

I used one and it was great for me and for her. I put her in it a couple of times a day to play for a while, but made sure that she had enough time playing on the floor etc too without it. She started walking at 9. 5 months and is not delayed with any development. But I made sure it wasn't her only way of getting around and she had to try to get around by crawling etc.

I used one with Tia... and she was walking by 8 months. The walker got mainly used as a high chair :rotfl:

Lil miss has a walker and doesn't walk yet and only commando crawls (she will crawl normally on the bed though)... But she isn't interested in walking. What it does seem to have done though is strengthen her legs so now she can pull herself up in the cot :roll: but she does enjoy the freedom the walker gives her.

Ryan doesn't like being in his walker for to long for some reason but i put him in it for 5-10 minutes each day and i cant realy see how that can do any harm. Liek everyone else says it makes them stronger on there feet. I have the chicco dj walker to and he LOVES the musical tray!!!!! :D

Luke loves his. He also has the Chicco DJ walker. It's the best buy of ours yet!

Calleigh has the dj walker too :)
She loves the musical tray

i wouldnt bother getting an expensive one ivew got one from asda and it was £25 and ky is a whizz in it! he loves it since he can only sit up it allows him to get around where he wants, he loves the independence! it took about 3weeks of going backwards to finally work out that he can go forwards to. now he runs....everywhere :lol: hes like lightning after the cat :rotfl:

cadens got a dj walker too he loves it and was def a good buy.

The DJ it is then! Thanks all for your comments. I'm gonna get one this weekend, will keep you posted on how she gets on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back