Baby TV...

Krystal

Reaction score
So i recently noticed on Sky 623 they have a baby TV channel. I have t admit that my LO is quite hard work sometimes and gets bored so easily between me entertaining him, his swing and his play gym, so recentyl in order for me to keep my house nice and clean i have popped him in his swing and sat him in front of the TV, it's big bright colours and lots of baby sounds so I feel as though it's ok in small dose as he's getting stimulation... what do you lot think?

I do that. Maybe for about 30 mins a day. It doesn't hold his attention for very long! but it gives me time to get his washing on, make his lunch, bottles etc. I sometimes put on baby einstein and lazytown, which he absolutley loves.

Misslarue said:
I do that. Maybe for about 30 mins a day. It doesn't hold his attention for very long! but it gives me time to get his washing on, make his lunch, bottles etc. I sometimes put on baby einstein and lazytown, which he absolutley loves.

phew i'm not only one then lol. i do think it's ok for a small amount of time definately

I do it... though I put him in front of the music channels just so it isn't quiet in the house. He likes the bright colours I think. I'd forgotton about Baby TV, thanks for reminding me :) I like vegimals, like animals made with vegetables. Duno if he likes it or not but he doesn't complain :rotfl:

gosh, I just turned it on to see what it was and thomas is glued!! Might have to turn it off!!!! I don't think there is anything wrong with half an hour a day or something, I don't agree with it as an electronic babysitter, but I am sure none of us are doing that! :hug:

Since Ellie has been about 10months (it might have been closer to 1yr) we started letting her watch TV for about 30mins before bedtime. She watches In the Night Garden and absolutely loves it. She stands up and dances when they do there songs or the dance. :D I haven't voted as I wasnt sure if that counted?

Nicky_Jones said:
Since Ellie has been about 10months (it might have been closer to 1yr) we started letting her watch TV for about 30mins before bedtime. She watches In the Night Garden and absolutely loves it. She stands up and dances when they do there songs or the dance. :D I haven't voted as I wasnt sure if that counted?

yeah that would count as limited time but views appreciated. definately dont agree with using as babysitter missac, totally agree with you there. :hug:

yes jayde watches she loves it about half hour a day, she also loves cbeebies :D

baby channel?! whats on it? can i get it on freeview? millie seems interested in the tv only when i hav music channels on

lol @ trixipaws. it's a channel just for babies, lots of bright colours and music and different programs aimed at stimulation :hug:

I would love Harrison to be interested in this for 30mins a day but he doesn't take any notice what so ever :roll: I spose thats a good thing really but I get no free time as he only manages 1/2 small naps a day now

D loves the Tv and would watch it all day he loved the yv before toys..i do get him to watch the baby channel or bright babys dvd ..i also let him watch milkshake on 5 when we get up so i can get a cup of tea...

i do make sure tv is off during day often so he doesn't watch it all day but he prolly watches more than 30 mins as it would mean i couldn't watch tv atall if i only had it on for him..i also make sure he has toys when watching tv so he has an option to do something more intresting

I don't think there's anything wrong with your LO watching TV as long as it's not for long periods, and they're happy doing so :lol: Isaac will watch for a short time but then gets bored, he loves the TV if there's music on it though, so likes adverts, but he's not happy sitting or staying in one place for very long :lol: I think baby TV is spacey, it scares me a bit lol

I alwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays have the tv on, even when im on the computer cos i dont like silence, if theres an ad or music vid on then Jam will watch it but he doesnt sit down and watch it purposefully!

he loves mtv and cbeebies, its the music adn the speakin of phone numbers he loves but he plays and annoys me as well, its just hes used to the tv in the background

so who will be the first to tell me im a bad mum :oops:

mummykay said:
I alwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays have the tv on, even when im on the computer cos i dont like silence, if theres an ad or music vid on then Jam will watch it but he doesnt sit down and watch it purposefully!

he loves mtv and cbeebies, its the music adn the speakin of phone numbers he loves but he plays and annoys me as well, its just hes used to the tv in the background

so who will be the first to tell me im a bad mum :oops:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: My mum is like that always has been.. She always has the TV on and quite loud too because she is deaf as a post. My DH was shocked when I first met him. But it did me no harm.. I didn't turn into a couch potato, came out with very high grades at school etc.. if anything it made me just hate the TV and now I barely have it on, I like the quiet.

As for when Tia was little... it was on if she was on her own in the living room and I was else where like cleaning... She loved bright lights... but I could keep her just as entertained at xmas by putting music on and the xmas tree lights on, and sitting her in front of the tree... :rotfl: Now I have to put up with it on, on Saturday mornings with cartoons, but that's just typical for kids to have cartoons on on a Saturday morning.... that's being a kid. Oh and if she gets all her homework finished on a weekday she can watch cartoons.

I agree with the lady before me (sorry 4got ur name), i love my programmes and relax watchin them, i left the tv on from jack being a few months old and he loves it, especially the backyardigans and dora, he will even watch the adverts! this doesnt mean he is a couch potatoe!! i beleive he must be very imaginative 2be so engrossed in the programmes, we still play together and he just loves to be outside. i dont think it will harm him at all.people worry to much.

Luckily willow just likes the colours,so she watches what I watch.

If she develops a penchant for that Mr Tumble character when she's older,I will crack up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back