Baby toys-activities

Hope81

Reaction score
So how much a newborn does besides sleeping and feeding? Do I have to buy toys, playmat etc before the baby is here? And if yes what kind of toys?
We were thinking about those lamaze toys that you put around their wrists and a cot mobile or light show but does it really need much else the first month?
Its not because of the money but I am completely overwhelmed with the amount of the shopping I need to do before baby is here when I can barely manage 1 h at the mall without getting overtired :(

Hi Hun my little man just likes being spoken to and carried around. Toys he likes at the moment is his interactive bouncer and play mat. I've got loads of Lamaze toys and they are as big as him lol x

Oh thank you, do you think we will be fine then with a couple of newborn Lamaze toys and a playmat and leave the rest for later? We are planning on getting a swing too that has a toy bar if I recall.

Oh thank you, do you think we will be fine then with a couple of newborn Lamaze toys and a playmat and leave the rest for later? We are planning on getting a swing too that has a toy bar if I recall.

I think that would be fine to begin with and maybe a bouncer chair so you can sit babba in it while you're cooking or showering?

Aha so I need both a bouncer chair and a swing :faint:
God thank you so much i had no idea lol. Good point though about me cooking and getting the baby with me. Such a stupid I am lol. I thought I will Just put the baby on its car seat or sth :shock:

Aha so I need both a bouncer chair and a swing :faint:
God thank you so much i had no idea lol. Good point though about me cooking and getting the baby with me. Such a stupid I am lol. I thought I will Just put the baby on its car seat or sth :shock:

Personally I'd rather have a bouncer than a swing but that's just me. If you're happy to use the car seat and not buy a bouncer stick with it, it will do the same job!

The lamaze feet and hand finders ate great along with freddy firefly but not for a newborn I think Tyler started getting into them around 1 1/2 - 2 months? A mat is vital along with the bouncy chair, really calms Tyler down and he naps in it sometimes. We brought the swing later as Tyler kept napping in his chair and I was worried he was too hunched, the swing is more cradle like. Tyler like his whoozit too!

We bought a swinging chair (second hand from Ebay its immaculate!) Jaiden loves it it soothes him and sens him to sleep,

We have a play gym and a few toys that wrap around his wrist, thats it for now, dont think they need much more than that as newborns, plus most play gyms come with detatchable toys for when theyre a bit bigger too

Hope this helps :) xx

My lo loves her activity mat and her mobile the most. That is about it so far :)

We got a lot of toys as presents too when Holly was born

My LO loves her playmat. I have the Lamaze rattles to go round her wrists,but as yet (at 4.5 weeks) she shows no interest in them at all. She likes her bouncy chair to a point,but has Tobermory in the right mood for it! Other than that, it is just me singing her songs and talking to her that stimulates her.

Hey,
My brother just turn 1 years,
SO now i think its good time that i purchase toys for him...
What are you think?

Last edited:
Hope your questions are too sensible! I hadn't even thought of these things :s

I am the same as you though, we're not strapped and can afford what we need but it's where to start. Very overwhelming!

I was thinking though of writing a list of what we needed and just ordering stuff online. There's lots that have been recommended on here, so I think lots of things i dont need to see because i really dont know which toy is best out of 500 lol!

I see the firefly lamaze toy mentioned on here before Pinky is it a good one?? xxx

freddy the firefly is amazing, Alyssa is just starting to notice her toys and actually want to touch them and shes always stared at freddie and her other lamaze toy jaques the peacock as if they are the most interesting things in the world. i have freddie on her playmat and jaques on her carseat/pram to entertain her while were out.

We have a jaques too and a playgro vibrating dog thing that he loves. He pulls it and makes it vibrate and puts the feet in his mouth. We've just discovered teething beads! £2.50 the best teething toy ever!

Hi guys, I’m looking for a handheld toy for my daughter, a bilingual one ideally that does French and English. She is only two years old but extremely bright and advanced for her age. She loves button/controls and I would love to find him a little handheld learning toy. Do you have any recommendation for such learning toys?

Kiddicare Staging

Last edited:
I think baby Einstein do bilingual toys my ds has two handhelds like that ones a book and the other is like a thing with a world on it. I got them from tk maxx but I'm sure you could get them elsewhere!!!

Suggest singing, talking with baby! a little massage to the baby would be also good! Regarding toys, mat, handbell, soft music would be good for the baby. how's your comments?

To be a mom is not easy thing, to have a baby is like to have a honey burden, sweet but hard. Every mother is great! I try to join mommy group to be a good mother!

Benefits of toys and the Benefits of Play
Educational and Fun - The Top Benefits of Toys that Deliver Unending Benefits of Play
Many parents struggle with the idea of what to get for a child's birthday or a holiday gift. With the age of video games, YouTube, and instant online movies, some parents may question if children still need toys. The value and benefits of toys for children is tremendous. In addition to offering hours of fun, toys can deliver educational and theraputic benefits as well. Finding the right toys can help children gain needed skills. Even special needs children and children with disabilities can benefit from having the right toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back