Baby Shower - VENT!!

BlondeP

Reaction score
Sorry wasn't sure where to post this....

So my lovely friends have organised me a baby shower! And have invited people I know from a list I gave them..

However, one girl who has been invited has taken it upon herself to invite 4 other girls who yes i know but they weren't on my list for a reason (havent seen or really spoken in over a year as they are old work collegues) and she isn't even organizing it but hasn't actually asked those who are if its ok.

It's got me really down as shes taking over a bit which is upsetting my friends who are organizing it and putting pressure on them as the numbers are getting higher so they are now putting pressure on me to do something about it!!

How would you approach this friend? Obviously, I now cant uninvite the additional 4 as I wouldn't want to cause friction :(

xxxx

Just tell her how much effort your other friend has put into this, it's nice she wants to be involved but just tel, her to relax and just enjoy the day rather than trying to organise

She probably has the best intentions, some people are just like that without realising it's off/annoying. She's probably thinking you'll really like having more people there, TBH I don't have many girl friends so I probably won't have a baby shower at all, I'd love to be in your shoes!! If you think she might carry on inviting more have a quiet but polite chat just saying your friends had organised it and set it up for a certain amount and you don't want too many people there. I'm sure she'll understand :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back