baby not taking bottle - tips

bizzygirl101

Reaction score
Hi

i am breastfeeding my boy. I was gving him the occasional bottle of expressed milk and very occasionally a bottle of formula and he was happily alternating between bottle and beast with no problems. I realised i hasndt done this for nearly 2 weeks so tried yesterday when he was deff hungry and he was having none of it! He had had some medicine for thrush and even tho i let him taste the milk first i think he thought it was the medicine dropper. i took it slowly he didnt want it in his mouth. I am going to spain to see my dad in october and really need him to be back taking bottles, im not sure how to approach it next time as last time he ended up really upset and i had to really calm him down then bf, tryng to stop him assoc bf with comfort. I really need to nip this in the bud now b4 he gets even more grown up! I went to baby clinic the other day and there were 4 mums with babies 6-9 months old who were at the end of their tether as they had exclusively bf ad now their babies would not take anything else!

Any tips greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I don't have any experience of this as George is quite happy going between breast and bottle (so far)... but how about trying a different teat? There are lots on the market designed to be more like a nipple and it could be worth a try. Or if he isn't taking the bottle maybe it's the formula he doesn't like so how about trying with just cooled boiled water at first?

I hope you can sort it out. :hug:

sorry no tips my daughter wont take a bottle!

Hi

I have no tips hun Kiara would never take the bottle either, but hope you figure out somthing that works.
Have you tried different bottles?
Katrina

Which bottles do you use? I found the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles were best for mixing. I had very similar problem when I went back to work. I will try and find the thread I posted and the replies I got.

Basically it was a lot of perceverence. However I was the first person to try and feed her a bottle. In the end when she started at nursery she was taking about 2-3oz in the 8hrs she was at nursery. Over time she started taking more and more from the bottle, until she was eating more solids and then dropped these completely.

Which bottles do you use? I found the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles were best for mixing. I had very similar problem when I went back to work. I will try and find the thread I posted and the replies I got.

Basically it was a lot of perceverence. However I was the first person to try and feed her a bottle. In the end when she started at nursery she was taking about 2-3oz in the 8hrs she was at nursery. Over time she started taking more and more from the bottle, until she was eating more solids and then dropped these completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back