Baby not moving much

Little bean

Reaction score
Hi I'm 22 weeks and little bean has been kicking for the last 3 weeks lots but over the last 3 days I've only felt the baby a couple of times. Is that normal?? Thank you. X

I have just had a doctors appointment this morning for exactly the same thing :)

I was told by the maternity unit here that they would only listen to the heartbeat if I went down there at this stage, they won;t start monitoring unless there is a problem after 29 weeks, not sure what it would be round your area.

The doc said that he was just being lazy and this can be normal, but he had an amazingly strong heartbeat so it has relieved me to hear it and I don;t feel so stressed.

I would say if your worried ring your maternity unit and see if they will see you yet, if they will just check the heartbeat go see the doctor it's quicker :)

xxxx

Like Bellariven said, if you are worried call your gp or midwife, or maternity assessment. Every area is so different but nobody will make you feel like you're wasting their time as they just want to look after the baby and make sure all is well.

xxx

its normal hun with my 1st baby started to move after 29weeks every day before that was hit and miss x

Hi im 22 weeks as well and been feeling it for about 3 weeks
since saturday ive hardly felt any movement at all- and then last night it was going crazy
think its normal at this stage as the baby is still small
i think they say u should feel regular movement from about 26 wks - but im having the exact same but havent been too worried about it (which is a miracle for me :)) x

i had the same at the weekend. little miss decieded she wanted to sleep all weekend. but ended up booting me even more now. even saw my belly move lastnight in the bath. and she proper kicked me this morning.
if your really worried ring up ur midwife. i txted my friend who is a midwife and she said if i didnt feel anything longer than a few days go in and get checked.

You're still quite early on, and they say movements dont need to be monitored until you're about 28 weeks and LO is in a routine of waking and sleeping.

Try not to worry too much :)

ive been having the same dilemma but eventually she kicks, my mw did say the other day that if i did ave a kick free day then to ring the mat unit and see what they say but im not sure if ikm right but doesnt baby go trhough a growth spurt about now x

Thanks for your replys guys lil bean has been kicking throughout the day today, so just think it was having a rest before. :0)) x

It,s so frustrating is,nt it. My little madem was moving loads last week, but she,s been really quiet this week, and I have my worrying moments. But she,s gone back to wiggling today :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back