Baby names & teams?

x_larlybelle_x

Reaction score
Was just wondering how many of us ttc'ers have our names picked already and have decided if you will be finding out the sex of baby?

We have a girls name already, and still trying to agree on a boys name.

For a girl we have: Alexis Faye Smith
We have a middle name for a boy so will be: ???? James Smith. (James is my dad and my oh's middle name)

We are finding it difficult to think of a boys name (e.g. we love Bentley but can't have this for two reasons! 1. my poor son is not being called BJ! 2. i don't want J being used as part of the shortening!) So A is out, so is B, C, D, J, L, M, O, P, R, S, T, V!

And have decided to be team yellow and have suprise when baby is born.

:dust:

I have mine all picked out, but never want to tell anyone what they are in case someone takes them, which is kind of ridiculous ......... but I still don't say ....... plus it is another surprise for the parents when we do actually manage to produce one.

Same goes for the team. I couldnt wait to know, I know I couldnt, but I wouldnt want to tell anyone else, I would like to keep it a surprise for the day

I do have a baby names list but it hasn't really been narrowed down yet :)

I also am paranoid that someone will "steal" them lol

I mean, i know you are never going to get a child that is the only person in the world with that name, but i would hate it if someone beat me to the finish line and then suspiciously have the same name as me :oooo:

As for finding out, i will definately want to know.

I really don't get the whole team yellow thing and it being a "surprise". It's a surprise anyway...

The only difference between getting the surprise at 20 week or 40 weeks is your ability to prepare things based on gender :)

Plus - i have personally witnessed people that remained team yellow and some where along the way they convince themselves deep down that they know the sex and it's always the one they would prefer and then it comes out and it's the wrong sex and it's a bit awkward :shock:

Last edited:
We have ours picked out already too!

For a boy we'd have Harry Stephen Davis. (Stephen is my OH's name).

For a girl we'd have Sienna Claire Davis (Claire's my name).

We're going to be finding out what baby is, 1 because we're both too impatient not to and 2 because my OH would like to deorate the nursery before he/she arrives :)

xxx

They are nice names! we have 1 name for a boy and 1 for a girl but they are secret. although we do both have twins in our families so maybe would be a good idea for another name. and as for team as much as my mum would hate it i would have to find out it would acualy kill me nt knowing! x

I totally understand when u all say about keeping it a secret, someone who i used to work with fell pregnant and we was talking about names, she had no clue what to call her lil girl, we was talking about it and i said i would call my lil boy tyler, and katelyn if we had a girl..you'll never guess what her daughter was called!!!!!? ...i wouldnt mind so much if she had already said thats the name she would use but as i said it, she copied meee!!..gutted!
But i would deffo find out what im having, so colours on clothes/room..and im way too impatient!

Im same as u Bea, the OH's mum was a twin(sadly she passed away after birth) but it skipped his generation and will supposidly get either my oh or his brother.

i think thats how it works!?

x

Hubby has asked if our children can have Greek names as his dad is originally from Greece, my first thought was oh god my kids are going to be called Zeus and Hercules :shock:........ thankfully greek names are much more common then I realised, still undecided but liking Georgia or Ava for girl and Alexander for a boy... will probably change my mind again and again as I am very indecisive :think:

We are team yellow, doesn't matter to us what we have and we both thought heck there aren't that many surprises left in life as it is, already decided how we want the nursery and it would suit either, my friends think I am mad as they say it makes it easier by knowing but then I have always been the odd one out :lol:

Oooh I definately wouldn't want to know, it'd be like opening your presents before Christmas, after all that pushing it'd be nice to have a little suprise at the end. Plus the big announcement to everyone after!

Totally agree Toni64539 although I'm rubbish at waiting for surprises it'll kill me the waiting to find out!

I have a massive list of baby names that I add to constantly, if I hear one I like and haven't thought of it it goes on my list. Like today I was in Sainsburys and a lady called her son over and he was called Zane and I thought ooh thats one for my list! We'll just narrow it down nearer the time. Problem is all the names I like my OH hates! How do you talk them round?

I favourite is Jackson for a boy and Lexi for a girl but he really doesn't like either of them :(

lrb, thats my name for a boy it was scarey both me and the boyfriend said it at same time so that has to be the one. and the twins thing is a crazy thought! x

Haha ye bea so did my oh! Yeh twins hmm.. That would be hard work! Lol x

We would find out the sex for sure and our names are
Boy=Michael james john mcglinchey
Or
Tobais james mcglinchey

Girl=Natalie Jane Mcglinchey
Or
Emily jane mcglinchey

i love tobias but my step-nephew is called Tobin so a bit too similar!

We would shorten Alexis to Lexi, love lexi but oh doesn't want that on the certificate.

Really struggling for a boys name!

I like Amelia for a girl and Lucas for a boy but if i could just get pregnant i wouldnt care if i was forced to call it Percy Plonkwit as long as it was healthy!! :)
:dust:

misstinkerbell - I dare you! I think percy plonkwit is fantastic! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back