Baby Name Arguing

Christ :shock: .
Are you sure your ready for a baby? Im 25, and still think im too young! You seem a very responsible young man with great ambition to be a great father, and thats really good, but are you sure this is the right thing to do? :? I dont want to sound patronising or anything. Its just your so young and theres much you can do with your life yet.

lilli im 18 and i love being a mum, as long as u love ur baby and can look aftter it i think it more of a good than bad thing

I dont mean in anyway that being a young person will make you a bad mum. If a 14 year old was pregnant, and she had a stable life and could look after a baby and give it love, i have no problem. Its just a baby will change your life forever, and at a young age you cant have experianced life to much. Im not saying that because you are young you are a bad mother, as long as the child is loved, that is all that matters. At 18, you could be doing other things, like uni. You should be going out getting pissed down your local pub, or kissing boys behind a bike shed. You should live your life to the full before putting all your energy into a child which will demand your attention 24/7.
Im sure that every single young mother on this planet loves thier child deeply, but at 18 and planning a baby - i just cant understand why.
If oyu can give the child love and everything it needs, and your stable enough, bloody go for it! But oyu have to be prepared to chuck some of your life away.
Just please, think, before you do this. Its a life changing experiance.
As long as in 20 years you look back and dont regret going out to clubs, sneaking out of the house at 2am, getting drunk and having the time of your life, the its a good thing.
At 25 i still feel somewhat like thats it, my life is now dedicated to a baby.

I do wish you all the luck in the world, and im sure you will be great, just do everything you want to do, before you decide on having a child.

Lilli
x

My daughter has my surname and I am still with my OH. We are getting married next year and I still wont take his surname..The reason I here you ask? His surname is COCKIN! LMAO when I first met him and he told me! :lol:

Hi again,

Just by writing on this forum for advice shows how sincere you are and excited about being a dad. Age, surnames all that stuff will change when you see the little one, and when it calls you DAD, thats the only thing that matters!!! If there's love and a connection then you are that childs DAD, so I wish you all the best, I have a feeling everything will work out for ya, you seem to have a sensible head on young shoulders. :clap:

Bev x x

Lilli said:
Are you sure your ready for a baby? Im 25, and still think im too young! You seem a very responsible young man with great ambition to be a great father, and thats really good, but are you sure this is the right thing to do? :? I dont want to sound patronising or anything. Its just your so young and theres much you can do with your life yet.

Lilli you ARE starting to sound patronising, both in this thread and others. You don't have to "understand" why people want a baby, they come here for support and you're not offering it with your recent comments about parental age.

im only 18 but i dont think age matters when you have a baby as long as your happy :D

urchin said:
Lilli said:

Lilli you ARE starting to sound patronising, both in this thread and others. You don't have to "understand" why people want a baby, they come here for support and you're not offering it with your recent comments about parental age.

I am doing nothing but looking out for him. Ive had some bad experiances in my life with teen mothers, which are quite upsetting. Its just my views on it. If you read my post carefully, you will see i was looking out for the best interests of this man. :D

I don't see how asking him "are you sure this is the right thing to do?" is looking out for him at all...Are you asking him to consider pushing for an abortion? To run off and leave his pregnant ex with nothing?
If what he is doing already isn't the "right thing to do" then what is in your opinion?

Lilli said:

Well it certainly wasn't planned... but its happened and we are against abortion as the easy way out, so we are both facing up to responsability and are going to do our best to ensure are age doesnt effect the baby

Its scary, but im really confident. Having a negative view will only lead to problems

bev said:
Hi again,

Just by writing on this forum for advice shows how sincere you are and excited about being a dad. Age, surnames all that stuff will change when you see the little one, and when it calls you DAD, thats the only thing that matters!!! If there's love and a connection then you are that childs DAD, so I wish you all the best, I have a feeling everything will work out for ya, you seem to have a sensible head on young shoulders. :clap:

Bev x x

Thanks !! As crazy and scary is all this i agree, when i meet my baby for the first time everything will change!

urchin said:
I don't see how asking him "are you sure this is the right thing to do?" is looking out for him at all...Are you asking him to consider pushing for an abortion? To run off and leave his pregnant ex with nothing?
If what he is doing already isn't the "right thing to do" then what is in your opinion?

I think all the comments she made are very valid. I mean she's right, the baby will mean 1000's of sacrifices now...

But we dont want abortion, its a 100% no. So, the only thing to think of isnt all the things we will miss out on, but all the things to look forward to :D

But, from Lilli's perspective, i think her advice applies to anyone my age for example that is planning for a baby. If you want one thats fine but seriously, make sure you have thought it through a million times over as a baby is for life

JMC said:
urchin said:

I think all the comments she made are very valid. I mean she's right, the baby will mean 1000's of sacrifices now...

But we dont want abortion, its a 100% no. So, the only thing to think of isnt all the things we will miss out on, but all the things to look forward to :D

But, from Lilli's perspective, i think her advice applies to anyone my age for example that is planning for a baby. If you want one thats fine but seriously, make sure you have thought it through a million times over as a baby is for life

Planning for a baby yes, but you already have a baby on the way...I just don't see what she means by asking you "are you sure this is the right thing to do?" when it's already done and you are doing your best for the baby already.

Maybe she didn't know my g/f was already pregnant :think:

i am so against people saying that young mums are throwing their life away :twisted:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

im 21 with 2 children, at the moment they take up all my time which i love :D
but by the time in 26 il have 2 babies in school then can go to work 9-3 get back on with my career, i have a great job if i dont say so my self, and have plenty of money o support my babies and i dont need life experience to bring up babies.

i think this statement is wrong
"lilli wrote....
but at 18 and planning a baby - i just cant understand why. "

i planned on having my babies from the age of 17 when i misscarried at 12weeks from then on i knew i wanted to be a mother

what can an older woman offer a child that i cant???

if u can tell me something then i will eat humble pie

Lilli said:
Are you sure your ready for a baby? Im 25, and still think im too young! .

His girlfriend is already pregnant, so he doesnt have a choice of "are you ready?" he has the choice of either being there or not and i think its great that a guy so young is actually looking for answers to his questions and trying to support his girlfriend through probebly the scariest time of her life rather than running away!! 8)

i know "Lilli" has a lot of valid points, baby are a hand full and are the most life changing things. But how can any one say "wouldnt you rather go out and enjoy life than have a child" ? (thats not an exact quote) having a child changes your life but it doesnt stop it! Its great looking after a child 24/7 and after a few years looking back and seeing how your hard works paid off! i only looked after my cousin for about 18months but bringing him up was the most amazing thing in the world!

Until i came on here i thought having a baby was a case of 'life wrecked to an extent'

But it couldn't be any further away from the truth judging my the girls comments on here.

If goin gettin pissed an avin no worries whats so ever compares to raising your own baby then i think its a clear sign of immaturity.

Sure people will tell you that before thay have had a baby, but if they continue that attitude after they have the baby then Booooo to them!

i asked lilli about thison introduce urself as it upset me a bit i dont think i have thrown my life away

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back