baby movement question

nicola200

Reaction score
Hi,

Everyone has been so helpful with answers to questions that are on my mind so would like to say a big thanks :hug:

This might sound a bit strange, but what does it feel like when you start to feel the baby move around? I am 17 weeks and have been feeling a very mild cramping sensation on the right side of my lower abdomen all day at regular intervals, it dosn't hurt but can be quite uncomfortable.

I have heard people say it feels like a flutter, but this feels much stronger than that and was wondering if anyone has experienced this before. :) :) :)

Thanks again
Nicola
x

Hi hun! :wave:

I haven't had that either but when I first felt Evie moving it felt like when you go over a hill and your tummy stays up there lol or like a nerve twitching in my stomach or something...

Hope that helps :hug: xxx

I'm 17 weeks too and I occasionsally get cramps but I think it's more the muscles in my tummy stretching because whenever I get them I usually have a bit of a growth spurt within a few days.

I have felt fluttering in my tummy on and off for about a week now and I've felt the popping thing that I think is the baby moving. it's definately a different feeling than the cramps.

You'll probably find that they stop in a couple of days and then you'll wake up a few days later and realise your tummy has grown overnight!

I first felt baby at about 17 weeks but at the time i wasn't sure. it was like wind popping in my tummy or as Dannii says like when you go over a bump and your tum stays there. now its got to the stage where i feel movements like baby is turning around and then a few sharp kicks that make me jump

Mine felt like bubbles popping and sometimes feels like i'm on a rollacoaster and have just lost my belly! (hope that makes sense! :oops: )
I first felt movement at 17 weeks
Haven't had what you have but i guess everyone is different. hope that helps :hug:

It feels like something poking u from the inside, I also had srong flutters but this was more 18 weeks and now...

I started feeling the baby move a few nights ago. I have felt both the popping sensation and some light thuds.

I have had mild cramps the last few days also however - maybe 17 weeks is a time when the womb is growing a little more.

Hi, :wave:

Thanks for all your input. I had quite a heavy bleed last week which resulted in me being hospitalized and very scared, but everything looks good. I get a little paranoid now with all the little niggles, dread going to the toilet and being my first pregnancy I don't know what's normal :|. I have grown a bit so the cramp is probably just down to that. Hopefully I will feel my baby move soon. :) :)

Nicola
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back