baby monitors

keli

Reaction score
Which baby monitor have/ are you going to buy? I've heard the angelcare monitor with the sensor mat is good? all help would be appreciated xx

We've got the tommy tippee 'sounds and lights' monitor - it's a simple cheap one with a base unit and a portable unit that just has sound and the red dot lights.

We decided against a sensor as we reckoned it'd probably cause us more worry than it'd stop!

I've got a Philips one which has a re-chargable listening unit that you can remove from the charging base and take it with you - so handy if you want to pop out and hang the washing etc.

We were offered by someone to buy us the Angel one but I was in a friends house and she used the mat with the tick for every breath baby took and I hated it. I was so on edge everytime there was a pause in the ticking so I didn't want it for myself.

I asked the midwife and she said that they're not recommended unless your child has a known apnoea problem so I was happy to go with a normal "listener" one.

Going on the advice of a friend of mine that has tried loads of them (she has 5 children and a techy husband) I'll be getting a Tomy Walkabout Platinum. One of the kids accidentally left it outside in the rain and it was left out for several days. It still worked perfectly when it was found. Also it was one that didn't interfere with WiFi and other remote signals in the house. There were lots of good features that she mentioned...but I can't remember now.

We've got the tommy tippee 'sounds and lights' monitor - it's a simple cheap one with a base unit and a portable unit that just has sound and the red dot lights

Ditto.............i have had my one for both of my kiddies so far and i intend on using it for my LO when he decides hes had enough in there!!!

BabyBee said:
We've got the tommy tippee 'sounds and lights' monitor - it's a simple cheap one with a base unit and a portable unit that just has sound and the red dot lights.

We decided against a sensor as we reckoned it'd probably cause us more worry than it'd stop!

We have this one aswell, never ever had one for harrison but feel as we are living in a bigger house this time round that this one would do the job just fine.

Not got one as yet. LO Sleeps in right next to me and we have a small house so will be in earshot.

The sensor mat I'm leaving be as tbh they are not really needed.

I'm not gonna have one, i think that with my living arrangements its unnecessary. She'll be in aa moses basket at first and her cot is in my room too, i also spend a lot of time up there anyway cos im in my parents house, and if i left the door open id hear her if she cried

I've got the angelcare one for the 2nd time round, I had it with my daughter but gave hers away when she didnt need it anymore as I didnt think I was going to have another one and then fell pregnant again and was lucky enough to be given an angelcare one off freecycle with the mat and also reads the tempreture as well. I didnt use the mat with Joanna as my health visitor said they can cause more worry than nec as they have a habit of going off regardless and i'm not sure if i'll use it this time either but the monitor itself is very good.

Thanks of your replies ladies :hug: wasn't going to get 1 as i live in a 2 bed bungalow plus baby will b in with me but my friend said angel care 1 was fab will have to have a think xx

we have the angelcare and wouldnt be without it
epecially now jack is in a cot in his own room

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back