Which Baby Monitor?? *Poll Added*

Sophie1102

Reaction score
My OH dad is going to buy us the monitor which I'm really thankful for, but he also bought one for his other son's daughter this year and it was the Angel care with the sensor mat.

I have spoken to my OH and have decided that I don't want the one with the sensor mat for a few reasons -

1) I have had 2 babies already and back then these didn't exist so I never used one

2) I don't want to go to bed one night and the worry that I don't turn it on

3) As I am having the baby sleep in a crib at night and carrycot downstairs during the night I don't want to have to keep moving the mat and the worry if I don't move it before he goes to sleep

Therefore I have had a look and will be going for the Digital monitor either buy BT or Philips, these automatically choose a frequency that is not used by another monitor close by and the also play lullabies that you can control by the parent unit in a different room.

What is everyone else going for???

I'm going for the angel care. I'm paranoid about it as James stopped breathing and it will give me peace of mind. If that hadn't happened I probably wouldn't be bothered.
I agree it's a pain having to move the sensor pad and monitor around with the moses basket.
I'm not really sure what non sensor mat one's are out there as I've never looked at them

I totally agree with you, if I'd a baby with breathing dificulties before or if when this one is born it has problems then I will get one of those

Im going for the Tomy Classic Walkabout.

My sister has it (her son is 2 now) and its all I feel I need. I dont want to become paranoid and if there is a screen or a sensor mat i wont be able to stop watching etc...

Totally agree its a different story if your baby has had or does have breathing difficulties xx

we havnt got our monitor yet but OH wants one with a screen so we can see baby, its a man thing with gadgets i think

i think a sensor mat would make me paranoid but totally agree if you have had problems in the past

im going for the angel care just for my own piece of mind

I have huge paranoia so to save me popping in to see if baby is breathing several times an evening I will get the Angelcare monitor. I like your reasons for not getting it. You sound like a sensible person. :) I'm a raving lunatic who panics over nothing. I'm sure it's not natural fear but if it keeps me happy I'll get the mat monitor :D

We went for the BT one, got it just before Christmas from Boots when they had a tripple points weekend.

Ill not be getting one stright away becuse i'll still be living James Dads Annexe when the baby is born :( there is no room in the bedroom for a moses basket so we our going to clean out what should be the sitting/kitchentte room get a cheap sofa bed and all sleep in there. Till hopfully we can find a place of our own :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: Then think about seperate rooms and sensors then when the babies a bit older

I havent thought about a monitor just yet. Il be having baby downstairs with me during the day and next to me at night so I dont think I need one tbh....maybe when he gets a bit older and has his own room I might but then it wont be a ultra expensive fangly dangly one as we never had those in the past :)

xx

i was thinking about getting the angel care one with the mat or the tommy tippee one they do is similar.
they cost an awfull lot though so will be one of the last things i buy
manda xx

I got the Tommee Tippee Suresound monitor with movement mat for £70 from TK Maxx :cheer: I'm so pleased!!! It's £110 from Mothercare :shock:
I wanted the Angelcare one but the Which? review said it had poor reception and as we're an old victorian flat that could make things tricky. The Suresound was the best buy but I didn't realise it came with a movement sensor until I saw it in the shop. I'm so pleased!!! It flashes with every movement baby makes so you can 'see' baby breathing on the parent monitor! We played with it :D

I had the Tomy Walkabout Premier and I thought it was brilliant as from downstairs I could see the temperature of the bedroom and it has a nightlight and you can talk back to the baby if you wanted to.

Once Jack went into his own room I did get an angelcare monitor and TBH I find them brilliant. I understand what your saying about when they are in moses basket etc and suppose they would be annoying to move about but when he went in his own room at 3 months it really put my mind at rest.

I'd recomment either of the above :hug:

Ive got a video one with eefie and can quickly glance to see if he needs mommy or is just griping :)
Its quite funny watching him as he knows something is there and you watch him trying to grab it (he cant reach) :lol:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
I had the Tomy Walkabout Premier and I thought it was brilliant as from downstairs I could see the temperature of the bedroom and it has a nightlight and you can talk back to the baby if you wanted to.

Once Jack went into his own room I did get an angelcare monitor and TBH I find them brilliant. I understand what your saying about when they are in moses basket etc and suppose they would be annoying to move about but when he went in his own room at 3 months it really put my mind at rest.

I'd recomment either of the above :hug:

we are now thinking about the tomy walkabout premier :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back