Baby Grace Elizabeth

thanks Sarah! Hope you and your LO are well x x

PADDLING POOL FUN...

Poor little Grace had a very bad day with her teeth Tuesday, unfortunately I was at work so mum & dad were looking after her, she even cried when Mum took her out in the pushchair which is usually the one thing that will settle her. She gave her 2 lots of capol which helped, but by the evening it had worn off and she was really upset everytime we tried to lie her down. It had only been 3hrs since last dose of calpol so OH popped out and got some calprofen which you're allowed to give them alongside the calpol. As soon as it kicked in she was straight off to sleep and went right through till the next morning :)

Since then (touch wood) she's been much better, took her swimming yesterday morning and dunked her head under for the first time! She was fine with it if a little surprised! Then in the afternoon she went in her paddling pool in the garden, was so lovely and hot she was in there all afternoon splashing around. Put plenty of ducks and toys in there with her, she had a great time! Going to mum's on sunday so hoping she can go in her paddling pool round there as they'll love to see her in it. My friend is looking after her today, she said she's been really happy and had a nice long sleep this morning :) This hot weather really takes it out of her! I miss her soooo much when I'm at work!

Have started her on meat and fish, so far I've made her minced beef & tomato, and cod & peas and she loved both. Going to start giving her a 3rd solid meal tomorrow and drop one of the bottles. She also tried her first finger food yesterday, an organix biscuit. Very entertaining watching her and very messy but she enjoyed it!

Last edited:
HOT WEATHER MISERY...

I have decided hot weather does not equal a very happy baby! Had real problems getting Grace to go to sleep last weekend, had 3 bad nights in a row. At first I thought it was her teeth but on the 4th night she had been absolutely fine all day then the minute I layed her in her cot she started crying and screaming. This then led to me being in tears! My friend Clare arrived as we were due to go out for dinner, she said perhaps it was the fact that her bedroom was so light and hot and that she just didn't want to go to sleep (would rather stay up and play!) as the minute I picked her up she was fine. In the end we had to resort to controlled crying which I found so hard, luckily she only cried for 5 minutes or so then went off to sleep.

Since then we've borrowed a fan off mum & dad and fitted a blackout blind. I realised I'd let her bedtime routine slip somewhat, particulary since being back at work part-time so have now started a bath, story, bottle and bed routine. After her bath i take her into her nursery which is nice and dark and put on a soothing lullaby cd. Also put a couple of toys in her cot so she doesn't associate it with being a boring lonely place! So far so good, the bath tires her out and she definately associates the darkness with bedtime.

Have now started her on 3 meals a day and have dropped a feed, she has breakfast & a bottle at 7am, bottle at 11am, solid lunch at 1pm, solid dinner at 5pm then a bottle before bed at 6pm. Also still doing a dream feed at 10:30pm. Gave her some finger foods yesterday, some toast and a strawberry, she did so well eating them all herself!

Desperately want to get her weighed next week, she seems to have grown so much! :oooo: She's got tall - her 6-9 months clothes are fitting her really well.

Last edited:
HAPPY JUBILEE!

Well so far we are having a lovely Jubilee Weekend! :) Yesterday we took Grace to Hollowtrees Farm with OH's dad & partner Sonia and Sonia's Grandson Ryan who's nearly 3. Grace fed and stroked the goats and sat on a mini tractor with her Grandad! Afterwards we had a nice lunch in the restaurant, Grace and Ryan both sat in their highchairs and looked so cute. Today we went to our friend's Gemma & Aaron's for a BBQ although due to the rain the party was brought inside. Grace's little friend Oscar (who's 6 days younger) was there so they sat happily playing together. They both had on jubilee union jack party hats! Got some great pics.

Grace is getting on well with her 3 meals a day, she doesn't seem to mind missing the 3pm feed which is good.
OH got some baby chicken stock today so hoping to use that to make some nice meals for her. She is also back to normal with her sleep, the blackout blind is working wonders, the minute her head hits the cot it's thumb in and off to sleep :sleepy:

Several friends held her today at the party and they all commented on what a calm chilled out baby she is and the fact that she is happy to be held by different people. Feel so pleased as was always my aim for her not to be shy and to be willing to go to other people. Sonia actually looked after her friday for the first time when I was at work and I got a text after OH had collected her which said "Well that was easy! She's been an angel!"
Feeling really proud of my little bubba :)

Last edited:
:lol: BABY GIGGLES!

Took Grace to be weighed day before yest, she's now 16lb 13oz! Dead on what she should be according to her centile chart though so really pleased considering she's now on 3 meals a day. Health visitor said she may lose a little weight now as she's more active. She's still not crawling, but gets around well by rolling and can turn herslef around her tummy 360degrees lol! Never know what position I'm going to find her in in in her cot in the mornings! :lol: She learnt something else new this week...to clap her hands! Really cute. Also yesterday she had me & OH in hysterics, was feeding her in her high chair and she kept shaking her head. This made us laugh so she started really laughing too, then we'd shake our heads side to side and she'd shake hers back! So funny just like those babies on the youtube vids!

Her daddy is looking after her today whilst I'm at work as my mum & dad are on holiday and also my friend is away on hols. Poor OH worked last night and had to get up with her this morning but hopefully he'll get a sleep in when she has her naps. We're off to a wedding reception tonight so Grandad David & Nanny Sonia are coming over to look after her, although she'll be in bed by the time they get round. Looking forward to getting glammed up for a change :)

Also Grace got her first birthday party invitation yesterday! :cake2: It's for the 30th June to her little friend Ezmae's first birthday party. Just need to get her a little party dress now...

Last edited:
SLEEPING PROBLEMS & BABY FRIENDS!

And so another month has gone by! Grace is now 8 months old :) Have had a mixed bag of days/nights recently. MIL came down to look after Grace while I was at work Monday, the first time she had had her all day and got on fine. That night though and the following 2 nights had real problems again getting Grace to sleep. Had to sit and rock her to sleep as she wouldn't go off on her own. OH pointed out though that the first 2 nights MIL was there with me as I was bathing her giving her her bottle before bed and the 3rd night I had friends round. The following night when I put her to bed on my own she went down fine so I'm convinced now it was having people around that unsettled her.

She's going through this stage where she cries everytime I undress/dress her, I hate having to do it now! Think she just hates being pulled around. Got her a new cd for bedtime, it's disney princess lullabies and so lovely that I sat listening to it after she'd gone to sleep the other night lol!

Have had a busy week, Tuesday we went to Birch farm play centre with Kerry and little Finlay, Grace had so much fun playing with the toys there and watching the other children. Wednesday we went to Tiny Tunes baby singing group then back to my friend Emily's with my other friend Helen and their LO's. The babies were all born in October so was great for them to all play together. Was so nice to swop notes, most of the conversation revolved around weaning and naps! Yesterday we had a quieter day just the 2 of us and it was just pefect. Took Grace over the park, she went on the swings then we had a little picnic on the grass as was a lovely sunny day. Took some toys for her to play with too. In the afternoon we played out in the garden, even the cat joined us!

Grace has just started doing that rocking motion when she's on all fours, she was on our bed this morning with OH and started doing it we were in fits of laughter as she looked so funny! Wonder if she might start crawling soon - eek! :oooo:

Last edited:
1ST FATHERS DAY & PORTION SIZE ANXIETY!

Had Grace weighed on Tuesday, she's 17lb 9oz! Has put 10 ounces on in 2 weeks eek! :shock: Health visitor didn't seem to think it was a problem as still roughly following her centile line but feel a bit worried now I'm overfeeding her. Made the mistake of comparing portion sizes with what friends are feeding their babies and upped Grace's as didn't think I was feeding her enough. She eats it all though so I guess that means she needs it? Really need to get some inspiration and motivation to cook some more meals for her, getting low again in the freezer so may do that over the weekend.

She did try scrambled egg the other day and also had mousakka on fathers day! OH had a lovely 1st fathers day, we invited mum & dad over too and I cooked dinner for us all. Gracie gave her daddy a coaster which says "Best daddy in the world" some socks which say "daddy of all daddys" and some chocolates. I also got a toast stamp which said "I love daddy" so we stamped his toast with it for breakfast :)

OH is away in Portugal for a stag do at the weekend so I will be on my own with Grace, planning on seeing mum & dad on saturday though and meeting my friend Karen on Sunday and taking Grace to our local Regatta. Daddy is going to miss her like crazy! One last thing - she doesn't dribble as much! Have noticed this past couple of days and mum even commented on it this morning. yay! Perhaps the teething is taking a back seat for a while...

Last edited:
ANOTHER COLD & FIRST WORDS!

Poor baby Grace has had yet another cold - started with a bit of a cough and then her nose has been running terribly. As a result she's dribbling again! Had a couple of nights where she woke in the night as she felt unwell but rocked her back to sleep and she was fine. Yesterday while I was at work she went to mum & dad's and they took her to the beach for the day - apparently it was a bit overcast so they walked along the prom but mum said she was transfixed on watching everyone, she's so nosy! Today I'm at work again and auntie Emma is looking after her, they have Ella's sports day at the primary school so they're taking Grace along to watch which I imagine she'll love!

Another exciting milestone - Grace said her first words on Monday - "Dad Dad". Don't think she actually associates it with OH necessarily but is definately pronouncing her "D's" now whereas before it was always "ba ba". OH is delighted none the less :)

Have a busy weekend ahead, has her little friend Ezmae's 1st Birthday party tomorrow then in the afternoon there's a carribean music day over the park so hoping to go to that providing she has a good nap inbetween. Sunday seeing our friends Greg & Gemma and their 2 little boys so lots to look forward to. Meanwhile I have a night out tonight, hitting the town with the girls from work so OH staying home to babysit.

HELP FROM OH

Had a lovely weekend, Grace enjoyed Ezmae's birthday party, such a cheeky little miss though, whilst I was in the kitchen warming up her lunch she stole a slice of pizza of a child's plate and started eating it!! :oooo: was so exhausted after the party fell asleep in the car before we'd even pulled away from the house! Had a really good sleep once we got home so went to the Carribean music day over the park in the afternoon with mum, dad & OH. Grace was so content playing with her toys on the picnic blanket and it was a beautiful summers day.

OH has been helping me more recently, I had a bit of an outburst last week as was feeling so tired and feeling like I was doing everything - I work 2 days a week and on those mornings I'm up at 6am doing everything myself, getting myself and Grace ready, giving her her bottle & breakfast and packing the car up ready to leave at 7:45am. OH would get up about 7:15am ready to leave the house at the same time as me. Not fair! So now OH and has agreed to get up earlier on those mornings I have to work too and either give Grace her breakfast while I have a shower pack the car up for me. He will also pick her up again on one of the days as he finishes work at 4pm.

I never realised before having Grace just how exhausting it is looking after a child - it's basically 12 hour days and when she naps I'm running around like a mad thing either doing the washing or housework. I never rest. That said I love it though and wouldn't change it for the world, it's just nice having that balance now of working the 2 days so I get a little "me" time.

COMMANDO CRAWLING...

Didn't realise it's been 2 weeks since I last updated! How lazy I'm getting. Gracie is going through another "grizzly period" like she did back in March before she could sit up. She gets bored very easily so I try to do as much as possible to keep her entertained. She loves being out and about in her pushchair snouting at people :lol: I made some updated treasure baskets for home and mum's which she enjoys playing with, got a load of things from the £1 shop for her to chew and hold. Her favourite item is a silicone pastry brush :oooo: I just think she will be much happier when she can crawl, it will be a whole new stage of exploring for her. That said last night and again this morning at mum's she started to scramble commando style on her tummy :) I put some toys a little distance in front of her and she started to scramble towards them! Also the day before yesterday she managed to sit up from a lying position, the first time she has done that. Hopefully won't be long now before she off and exploring.

Had her weighed yesterday, she's been feeling so heavy lately but to my surprise had ony gained an ounce in 3 weeks. Has made up for the larger weight gain last time we went though so she's still following the 50th centile. She's now 17lbs 10oz. Tried dropping her mid afternoon feed this past week but she's seemed so grumpy without it so health visitor recommended dropping her dreamfeed instead. Going to reduce it gradually over the course of the next week then cut it out all together.

MIL is coming to stay at ours for the weekend as we have a wedding on Saturday night and are staying over as it's in the next town. Will be the first time anyone else has ever had her overnight and I've been apart from her overnight eek! :oooo: Feel a bit nervous but I know she'll be fine with MIL, they're arriving early sat morning to go through her routine then we'll leave about 11:30am. Am looking forward to it, have got a lovely new dress and had my haircut tuesday so can't wait to get dressed up. Will miss my bubba terribly though...

Last edited:
Well Grace was good as gold last weekend for her Nanny and Grandad! We had a fabulous time at the wedding but I really missed her, felt so strange waking up and her not being with us. We rang MIL after breakfast and she said not to hurry home as they were then going to take Grace over the park so we made the most of the hotels spa facilities :) She's really coming on well with her belly crawling, not sure if she will progress to four point crawling as she can scoot about quite quickly on her belly! Crawls up to the cat flap, she's fascinated when the cat is on the to other side of it.

Grace had another haircut this week, I actually took her to a salon lol and she was so good sitting in the chair. I do want to grow her hair but her fringe had got so long so I just had some taken of it and they left the reast to grow down. So cute!!

Went out for lunch Tues but was a bit of a disaster, Grace just wanted to get out of her highchair and kept grabbing for everything on the table. When I gave her toys to keep her occupied she just dropped them on the floor, think she just wanted to be on the floor crawling about! Gone are the days when she'll sit happily in a highchair!! MIL is down again this weekend as it's uncle Ryan's birthday so going out for a meal on Saturday. Then Sunday have a bbq at Grandad David's and the weather is supposed to be good so hopefully Grace can go in the swing in the garden.

Hoping to get to the beach next week if the weather continues to be good :)

Last edited:
:love:

Yay for first words, that must be amazing to hear! She's growing up so quickly (I know I say this every time I visit your journal lol) but wow, cannot believe she's going to be a year old in just a few short months!

x x

Ahh thanks Miss July I still always follow your journal too! Great to see your cycles are nice and regular now, sure it won't be long till your BFP :) Grace has also started saying "Cat" this week, bit insulting though that she's leant that before "mama" lol! x x

Nawww bless! :yay:

Thanks hun, hoping this round will be my last, really want to see a BFP soon too. :pray:

X

Tap Tap Tapatalking!

I'm sure it will be, keeping everything crossed for you ! x x

BEACH FUN!

Had a lovely weekend with Grace, yesterday took her to the beach with MIL and OH's Nanna. Had a great day, the family sitting nearby had a windmill the same as what Grace has at home and she recognised it immediately, she crawled all the way up to it on the sand on her belly! She kept putting the sand and stones in her mouth, was a right mess by the time we got home so she went straight in the bath. I caught the sun on my back, I swear I've had a better tan since having a baby than when I used to lay out properly!

On Thursday I noticed she'd got 2 top teeth coming through, then when I looked again yesterday I can see another 2 so looks like she might have all 4 top teeth come through at once!! One has actually started cutting through the gum, although they haven't appeared to bother her past few days. It was more the 2 previous weeks that she suffered, so hopefully now she's over the worst. Has been dribbling a lot less past couple of days too.

Went to a carboot on Sunday and picked up some real bargains, got a lightweight mothercare pushchair & carseat for £20 (to keep at mum's), a lovely activity table for 50p and a pushalong car (which adapts so Grace can go it in now until she is 2yrs) for £3!!! Also got a wooden Linden stairgate for a tenner. Well worth the early morning start!

Been thinking about our holiday to France in September, only 6 weeks to go :) Bit anxious about the flight and everything but luckily it's only an hour and a half so not far for Little Miss. Planning on getting a few new little toys to keep her occupied and will take plenty of snacks. Unfortunately as we haven't paid for a seat for her Grace won't have any luggage allowance so I will have to be strict with myself and not take the mountains of clothes I usually do when travelling abroad lol :oooo: Got some great tips off the forum from other mummies so feel a bit more confident now :)

SO MANY DEVELOPMENTS!

Well as the title suggests Grace has done something new almost every day for the past week! Firstly 3 of the 4 teeth have now cut through the gums, Monday she pulled herself up to standing using the sofa and yesterday she started crawling properly on all fours!! :yay:Has also said "mum mum" a couple of times and started waving! :bunny::pompom: Feel so proud, this has been such an exciting month. Have had such a nice week, Wednesday took her to the paddling pool over our local park and bumped into my friend and her baby girl Poppy. Was a few older children in the pool who were splashing a bit so in the end went back to my friends and put the babies in the paddling pool in her garden. They were so cute playing together. On Sunday OH had a triathlon so took Grace along to cheer her daddy on :) Then today I took her swimming just the 2 of us, was the best time I have took her swimming yet, she really enjoyed being in the water and splashing and kicking her legs.

Had her weighed this afternoon, she's now 17lb 13oz so has only gained 3 ounces in 3 weeks. The health visitor said though she will be burning it off more now she is more active so nothing to worry about. The health visitor said to aim to get her down to 2 bottles a day by the time she is a year so dropped her dreamfeed a couple of weeks ago then yesterday dropped her afternoon feed and have replaced it with a snack so she only has 2 bottles a day now. Lovely not to be sterlising and washing so many bottles!! Have her 9 month developmental check tomorrow so excited about that :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back