Baby Clothing Sizes

abcd1234

Reaction score
I was wondering whether when LO was born they fitted in newborn size clothing, and if so how long for??

When i first got pregnant 0-3 months looked tiny, now when i look some of it looks a little big, i dotn know if its worth getting much new born stuff though.

I was a small baby but baby daddy (and his family) were all big babies, so i guess she might be in the middle lol.

i dont wanna end up with things i dont need i guess

Tia didn't fit into hardly any newborn clothes... she was just too long... Lil miss was much more dinky and stopped wearing newborn things around 6 weeks. But the 0-3 fit fine just were slightly baggy. She is now growing out of the 0-3 rapidly and now seems to fit 3-6months much better.

I'd get a could of each size, but usually people buy baby clothes as a matter of course, so be warned... if you have lots of family.. there will be LOTS of clothes.. :roll: In all different sizes

I've gone for only a couple of newborn sleepsuits and vests and the rest in 0-3 size. If your baby is more in need of newborn size when born then send out someone to grab a few sleepsuits etc to tide you over. But they never stay in them long so I'd save your pennies and go for 0-3 for now.

I didn't bother with any clothes for newborn and only 2 outfits in 0-3 as I'm a great believer in sleepsuits for the first weeks. I can't be doing with changing clothes and pulling LO's about to get trousers or dresses etc on. But thats just me :roll: :lol:

well i brought loads of newborn stuff for ky thinking it was sooo tiny that i was worried he wouldnt fit in it! well i was wrong! he was full term plus 5 days and i wish id brought a huge pack of cheap asda baby jammies and vests in tiny baby size for the hospital! The newborn stuff swamped him! but id say by 3 weeks he was too big for him. he grew out of newborn clothes then at about 2months he's in 0-3 now. But i find that every shop is different! in some stores he can fit in 6-9months and others 0-3?!? :wall:

If i was you id buy some cheap white baby vests and sleep suits from asda or tesco just for the first couple days/weeks. Just incase. they're only like £2.25 ish for a pack of 3 baby vests.

Jake was 7lb 2oz born and his newborn clothes fitted him for about 8 weeks. I would say buy a few newborn bits and the rest 0-3 and then you can always go out and buy some more newborn if you need it.

i bought the newborn clothes for oliver (the 9lb newborn from asda), when he was born he was only 5lb 4 and the newborn stuff was HUGE so my parents had to go and get 6lb clothes for him instead!

he fitted in them for quite a while though, but now he's a chubby 9 month old that fits well into 9-12 month stuff!!!!

could you ask your midwife what she thinks baby will weigh? they're usually quite a good judge

Ella was 7lbs 8oz and newborn clothes were huge on her..but it didn't help when she bent her knees up like a frog!! She went into 0-3 clothes at around 4 weeks, but she's still in newborn sleepsuits. Still, 0-3 clothes are quite baggy. She's still only about 8 and a half pounds at the moment.

Ellie was 7lb 11oz born and was in tiny baby until about 4 weeks then newborn until about 6 weeks, we just bought a couple of early/newborn outfits then the rest 0-3 months :)

Lucy was born (41+13) weighing 6lb 14oz and everything was too big except the "Tiny Baby" size from ASDA.

yep tiny baby from asda , matalan or tesco did leland till he was 8lb , then he went into newborn stuff till 10lb his now wearing 0-3 and his 9 weeks old lol

ive had / got far too much clothes but never mind , shall save em for next one lol

it depends where its from i suppose (like adult clothes, iv got size 8 stuff thats tight, and size 6 stuff that falls off!)

but most of our 0-3 months stuff looked huge when melissa was first born (she was 7lbs 7oz) i think by the time she was about 9lbs (about 5 weeks old) she could start to fit them. but still fit the newborn stuff snugly.

one newborn tank top from next still fits her now- at 10 months and over 20lbs! :shock: lol

baby smile was 5lb 5oz when he was born and at 12 weeks tomorrow has just gone into his 0-3 clothes! :wall:

My first was 6lb 11oz born and new born fitted her for about a month, she did gain weight very fast though. My 2nd was 8lb 11oz and 3rd 9lb 5oz and new born didn't go near them. They went straight into 0-3 which my 3rd out grew in about a month.

Hannah was 10lb 4oz but still needed new born for a few weeks, 0-3 months from mothercare were massive on her, i did only but the cheap newborn from adams and they were really good and fit her brill :hug:

harrison still fits in them now but to be honest he mostly wears 0-3 :D

I also found the tesco stuff tiny and H was only a small baby

ed was 8lb7 born.. dropped to 7lb 11 and was in tiny baby clothes for 3 weeks and in newborn till 11 weeks.. now hes in 0-3 and hes 13 weeks..hes now 11lb8

Jacob was 8lb 15oz born and was in newborn for about 4 weeks. I also used to put him in 0-3 clothes too.

I agree that Tesco's clothes are on the small size anyway. He's 11lb 15oz now and has almost outgrown their 0-3 sleepsuits!

We had bought lots of 0-3 clothes and a few newborn. It turned out that Luke was only 6lb 11oz so nothing that we had bought fit him! We ended up having to buy all early baby stuff and he is still in it now, although he is growing into the newborn clothes slowly but surely, even though he now weighs 8lb 6.5oz after almost 3 weeks.

I'd say not to buy a lot then shop once baby is here :D

Annabelle was a decent 7lb13 but only could wear tiny baby or early baby till she was about 3 weeks. shes now in Newborn. a few 0-3 months will fit but are quite loose. Most 0-3 stuff is still too big for her though and she will be 6 weeks on Monday! x

We are going for 0-3 month and hubby has said that if the baby is tiny he will rush off to the super stores buy some smaller outfits and wash them through. We have two super stores near the hospital that i will be going to, to have the baby, so that is our plan.

Hubby was a small baby (even though tall now) and i was a big baby even though i am only 5'2" at a good stretch, LOL. So hopefully baby should be a good medium size baby at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back