Baby clothes

Hazel

Reaction score
I'm having a girl and can't find any clothes that I like. Everything is pink dresses or knitted cardigans and I just don't like it. Started worrying that I subconciously wanted a boy but I don't like the boys clothes either.

I saw a swimming costume in BHS that was ok but is there any point putting a baby in a swimming costume when you go swimming? I asked my DH this last night and he reckons it's so they look cute.

This baby is going to be nude all day ot this rate.

Where is the best place to get clothes that are nice and not to expensive? Primark, Tesco, Matalan etc?????

Primark have some stunning baby girl things

And I wouldn 't bother with a swimsuit when they are little - just use a swim nappy.

Ive got most of DDs clothes from tescos and I could still buy more but Ive been banned :lol:

It depends on your taste. I could also spend all day and all my money in Next but thats a bit more expensive.

Its all up to your own taste hun. Babygrows are the way forward for the first few months anyway :hug:

I thought baby grows also. I said to DH what's the point in getting her all dressed up everyday if we aren't going out.

I love the clothes in Next but they are a little pricey when they won't get much use out of them.

Going to look in Primark tomorrow.

I didn't think there was any point in a swimming costume.

I was given lovely clothes from New Look. They were girly but not pink.

i know they arnt the cheapest but im in love with monsoon stuff.

oh yeah new look - not so good for boys but nice girls things

pumpkin patch :dance:

and u will need a swim costum if u plan on swimming , they get cold , ive got the all in one sun suits and he wears two swimming as its so cold :lol:

G3M said:
pumpkin patch :dance:

and u will need a swim costum if u plan on swimming , they get cold , ive got the all in one sun suits and he wears two swimming as its so cold :lol:

Even in a heated pool?

if you r using a proper swimming pool ie toddler pool then a swim nappy will be fine, i never had a costume on any of ine and once its wet it makes no difference.

Hazel said:
I'm having a girl and can't find any clothes that I like. Everything is pink dresses or knitted cardigans and I just don't like it. Started worrying that I subconciously wanted a boy but I don't like the boys clothes either.

I can appreciate this, I'm not a girly girl and I find so many of the girls clothes not to my taste. Still, I've bought a couple of pink things.

hennaly said:
i know they arnt the cheapest but im in love with monsoon stuff.

I LOVE MONSOON.

Didn't know they did kids clothes. Looking on their website now and I could spend a fortune. Have ebayed "Monsoon baby girl" and it's come up with lots of bits :D

I blame Monsoon for me desperatley wanting another girl this time :roll:

woolworths has nice stuff- and cheap! and ethel austin, and peacocks- all cheap as chips! :cheer: and u can get really cute things- i love pink myself but am not particularly a fan of frills or dresses- i prefer funky t-shirts and pants- with hello kitty or something on it- but PINK! lol

If you like monsoon then you might like Zara stuff too, I practically drooled in there the other day!!

H&M, Adams, Primark, Woolworths, Asda I'd say... seem to have a lot of bright colours in at the moment because it's summer, so make sure you're buying clothes suitable for the season she'll be in..! Ebay is a goodun for different colours or out of season stuff, though I know Adams have some girls orangy brown stuff in at the moment..

I got Ryan a wetsuit when we went swimming but if it hadn't been £5 I would have just got the swimming pants things they have for boys...

omygosh- i almost forgot- TESCO!!! cherokee is FAB lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back