Baby changing box?

frances2009

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering what people do with all their stuff for changing nappies etc whilst at home? I guess baby wipes, nappy cream etc? I'm not going to have a specific area for changing, just going to get a changing mat and use it wherever is best. Normally in the bedroom I guess but when my husband is sleeping i'll have to go into the front room.

Just wondering if it will be difficult to manage the baby, the mat plus all the stuff!

Although I suppose I could leave it out the night before...

Sorry to sound so clueless, just wondering what people normally do?

Many thanks

We had a changing table in the nursery with all the items we needed on the shelf above although we kept a stock of nappies in the drawer of the changing table. Downstairs we had a travel changing mat ready with a small lined wicker basket that held a spare small tub of sudacrem, wipes, nappies, a couple of changes of clothes and any other little bits in case of emergencies.
We were given a baby box but never used it as it was too big and bulky!

i've got a changing box, but i never use it, its just sat there full of nappies that are the wrong size! i change both my girls in different rooms for some reason, so i've got a little plastic basket in each room with nappies and nappy bags in and the wipes just kinda float around wherever :lol: i never tend to use sudacreme or anythiing, but that's all in the big box for whenever i do need it!

This has got me thinking now actually! Ill be storing most of the baby stuff in the baby + daughters bedroom just to keep it all out of the way, i think ill be getting a box or 1 of those nappy hanging things i dunno what there called lol x

I have a changing box in the corner of the living room and i keep my changing mat under the sofa. I just slide the mat out when i need it and i keep the changing box well stocked at all times so whatever i might need is always on hand. If i have company i change him in his bedroom where i also have a little stocked drawer xx

ok so maybe a wicker basket thingy will do the trick! I looked at changing boxes yesterday and they do look huge and our flat is only very small!

Thank you

We've got a changing unit in our DD's room and put her nappies etc in a wicker basket on it. If I'm downstairs I use the supplies in the change bag. Always have at least 6-8 nappies in there!

I'm another fan of the wicker baskets.
I had one in the lounge and one in our room with a travel changing mat in when he was smaller.
Now we just have the one in the lounge. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back