baby carriers

mermaid

Reaction score
Need your help girls. I've just seen a carrier on ebay and not sure whether to buy it. It is a Tomy front carrier. Is there a good and a bad design? Don't want to get one which is no good! :?

i got one for all mine but i never used it!
wait till you have the baby then get one. Thats my advise. :wink:

:wave: I bought a Tomy one and have to say I only used it once :oops: It was so heavy and cumbersome! And very awkward to do up. But that's just my opinion :oops:

I can highly recommend a coorie pouch www.brightsparkslings.com I still use Ella in hers with a hip carry. She loved sitting in a buddha carry and it was fantastic to quickly pop her in it and whip down to the health clinic. When she was a couple of months old and being fractious I would pop her in, tummy to tummy and upright and she'd snuggle in and sleep for ages. Ahhhh, makes me all broody!

Mei Tais are fab aswell, but a little more difficult to put on than a pouch. I have a www.nuzzli.co.uk (they're made by a forum user on here called Petchy). Beanie one of the mods has a www.babyhawk.com which is absolutely gorgeous!

Also there are ring slings which are really good for bf in (if you're planning to) as you can just loosen it slightly and they also have a tail so you can cover up a bit with it if you're feeling shy. I have a freedom slings ring sling.

There are so many other types of sling out there, it's a shame I didn't have them from when Ella was a newborn, I would've loved to carry her more close to me then :) Roll on the next one :cheer:

I really like the though of a sling but are they hard to put on and could the baby fall out. Sorry if that sounds dumb :oops:

Which type Skatty? Ella's always felt secure in my pouch as you just have to make sure that her bottom is nice and deep inside. And my MT feels nice and secure as you choose how tight to tie it :)

I'm not sure what to go for. There is a foot difference between my DH and I, would we have to get two?

Hmmm not sure. I know Beanie shares her MT with her OH, will get her to post :D

He is taller, but then I am tall too. However I use a standard size mei tei and I am 6' and it fits just fine :D

I bought a Mei Tai a few weeks ago! Im glad you girls think its worth having

My greatest fear was dropping Ella whilst going down the stairs. Luckily that's not happened so far :pray:

I got one for luke it was great used it all the time ill be useing it this time

Kina said:
My greatest fear was dropping Ella whilst going down the stairs. Luckily that's not happened so far :pray:

I fell up the stairs with DD in my arms, she was only about 7 weeks old, I had never been so scared, I was crying and shaking and Mum was calming down, as her head hit the stair :shock: luckily it was thickly carpeted.........she seems OK tho, I put her madness down to my genes :wink: :rotfl:

I had a carrier, god knows what it was, I think it was a Tommy?!? I only used it a few time when doing my housework, then I gave up on it!

I have bought some instructions on how to make your own baby carrier off ebay for 99p! It seems really straight forward and shows you how to tie it around your body. I'll get some material and try it this week. Let me know your email address if you'd like me to forward it :D

That's the good thing, depending on the material, no sewing! If I get material that needs hemming I'll get my DH's nan to do it :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back