baby bunny :) *updated first post*

Bunnykins

Reaction score
very quick update limted internet access, will updat wwith detail tomoro, Noah Ethan was born 6.38am this morning 6lb11oz, :love:

*update*
Well its taken me slightly longer than I would have liked to update this, but the first week has been absolute madness, but all in the best possible way!!!!! This could be quite a long story so bear with me, I am so proud of my labour that I want to share every detail!!!! :cloud9:

Well I woke up at 5:30am on Sunday 2nd Oct, I didnt know what had woken me but I went to the loo and had a period type pain, I didnt know if it was a contraction so went and woke my hubby, whilst we were blearily discussing if it was or wasnt I experienced it again, this convinced us! So we got dressed and came downstairs excited like it was xmas morning lol!!!

Hubby put on the quick 15 min hypnobirthing track to get me in a chilled out frame of mind, then we put on some relaxing music and sat there trying to chill. Contractions were about 3-4 mins apart then they started slowing down, so I told hubby we might as well just carry on as normal, so we binned the music and put the TV on, he went off and got us a mccyD brekkie, and we just chilled out, I used the Natal Hypnotherapy breathing techniques through each contraction (golden breath in, tension out) and because the contractions were so mild and sporadic it was easy. They eventually slowed to one an hour, and then stopped altogether, so we went for a walk to the shops to start them up again, and I bounced on my ball and got into positons like kneeling on one knee etc and going for walks round the block to try and start them again. Nothing worked so I had some lunch and went to bed for a 3 hr nap (thank god I did cos I needed it later!).

When I got up the contractions had started again, still very mild and still all over the place, they started getting more regular at about 4pm and by the time we had watched the Xfactor they were gaining intensity and about 9 minutes apart, I didnt feel like I could could concentrate on the breathing with teh TV on, so my hubby lit the candles again, put the relaxing music on and massaged my back, it was a lovely atmosphere and very chilled out, he rang the hospital to check when we would need to come in and they said not until contractions were 3 mins apart.

So we carried on, by 11pm they were pretty intense and about 4 mins apart I was starting to feel like I couldnt cope and would really like some gas and air, so hubby ran a bath lit some candles in the bathroom and sat on the landing outsiide the door with his laptop playing some music. Lying in the bath made the contractions worse, I could really feel them in my bum and on one I lost control and tried to fight it, biiiiiig mistake it was awful, my hubby talked me back down, using the trigger 321 relax and telling me it was ok and to breath etc, so I got back in control and got out of the bath, contractions were now hovering between 2-3 mins so we decided to go to the hospital, I got to the car in several stops for the contractions and got in and off we went. I really struggled in the car as sitting down made the contractions worse (as I'd been doing a lot of standing and walking which helped) I started to feel like the breathing was a lot of hard work but I persevered.

We got into a delivery room and the Midwife commented on how in control I was, she examined me and told me I was only 2cm, I was absolutely gutted! She said as I was apparantly coping so well it would be better for me to go home as I would likely progress at 1/2 a cm an hour and I would not need to come back until I was at least 4 cm, she told us it would be hours and she wouldnt likely see us until the morning. Being told I was coping well gave me a bit of a renewed strength so off home again we went. Got home about 12:50am and hubby went straight to bed to get a few hours sleep, I pottered about downstairs then went to bed too. I dozed a bit and after 45 mins my contractions went into overdrive, it was too much to lie down so I came downstairs, I made it as far as my lounge wall and could go no further, I leant against it and did the breathing, the contractions were almost back to back with no respite, I realised I was starting to tire and needed to be back in hospital asap, acccording to the timings the mw had given us I worked out I was only about 3cm, this devastated me as I didnt think the breathing would sustain me much longer and I was likely going to need an epidural to get through the rest of the night.

I shouted my hubby to wake him as and he came running downstairs and we headed back to the car, it took ages I couldnt walk when contracting and there was only a few seconds between each one. When we got to the hospital the mw got a bit snappy at me and told me to hurry up and get in the delivery room, I explained I couldnt walk when contracting as I needed to concentrate on my breathing, and that I was contracting back to back. She didnt believe me! eventually I got to the room and on the bed, I had wanted to be on all 4's but I had to lie on my back to be examined and once on my back I couldnt have moved if I tried, she checked and gasped I was 8cm! she couldnt believe that I had got to 8cms on my own and was still pretty calm and controlled. As soon as I heard I was 8cm I knew I could do it without pain relief and I got such a renewed sense of energy.

She explained she would come back in half an hour and check me again, 5 mins after she left the room my contractions slowed right down so I had at least 3 mins between them and when they peaked it felt different instead of being intense they felt like I really needed to push, it was a very very strong feeling, I also felt like I needed to do a poo, in my mind if I could just push the poo out then the urge to push wouldnt be as bad!!!!!! :rofl: I had no idea it was the baby and not a poo!!!!

The MW came back in the room and I told her I needed to push, she said it was way too soon and I couldnt possibly be at that stage already, but to do what my body was telling me although try not to push if I could. I had a few gasps on the gas and air to help dampen the urge to push, and then like a switch went on in my head I suddenly went completely into myself, I was not aware of anything going on around me and felt very detached from everything, apparantly I was making animal grunts when the urge to push was hitting me, my hubby said it was amazing to watch, my body just completely took over. At that point the MW came back in again and told my hubby that the baby was still in my pelvis and that it would be at least another 20 mins before he would start moving into the birth canal and then she'd like to leave him an hour to make his own way down a bit before I could begin the pushing. She left the room again and I got 3 massive contractions one after the other and my body just pushed once on each one, I didnt feel a thing except a bit of relief, then on the last push I felt a slight burn sensation down below, I managed to mumble to my hubby to push the button as baby was coming, he did and the mw came in, my hubby started to explain he thought baby was coming and she told him there was no way, she looked down and saw the baby crowning and immediately panicked, she told me not to push what ever I did as she wasnt ready, she turned away to get the things she needed and she happened to glance back at me and I just saw her dive between my legs and then plonk something very wet and warm and wriggly on my stomach. I remember asking her what it was and she told me it was my baby!!!!!! I didnt believe her!!!!!

When he came out he came out in one go, I never felt a thing and hadnt even pushed as far as I was aware!!!!
I think all 3 of us were in shock, the MW kept saying she couldnt believe it!! We had a slight problem in that the baby poo'd as he had come out so they were worried he had swallowed some, and although he was pink initially he went very pale after a minute so he was rushed out of the room. I felt like my heart had stopped I was so worried, but they brought him back 5 minutes later pink and healthy. I had torn myself but although it was 2nd degree it wasnt a bad tear and I never felt a thing, they stitched me up and I continued to use the hypnobirthing through the stitching so was so chilled I was chatting away to the dr doing it! I still to this day have not felt the tear, it has never hurt me and has healed nicely, I caught the odd stitch a couple of times when wiping which was uncomfortable but that was it. I was the talk of the labour ward and the mw kept thanking me for such a great birth (it was the last one before her shift eneded) everyone was buzzing about it including me and my hubby, it had all felt so right and so natural and instinctive!

Baby and I had to stay in overnight at the hospital just so he could be monitored for the merconium thing, but it turned out he was fine and hadnt swallowed any so we were allowed home the next day.

The first week has been hard, I wont lie! he is a fairly chilled baby but has his moments and feeding has been a complete nightmare, breastfeeding to me is a million times harder than labour, I am perservering with it but in the middle of the night when he is demanding a feed 30 mins after his last one and my nipples are cracked and bleeding and sore because they are getting no time to recover then you feel like giving it all up, but its starting to get easier now my milk is in, I am hoping soon it wont hurt at all and I wont care how many feeds he demands of me!!!!!! Part of the hypno cd talks about how you will cope really well in the days after the birth, and its true, everyone has commented on how chipper I am and how well I am doing, even on 50 mins sleep I am pretty upbeat and just getting on with things for most of the time (I do have some crashes where its not all rosy but I believe the CD has helped keep my calm and positivity in those important first few difficult days)

Anyway that is my very long story and if you made it to the end well done!!! lol!!! Motherhood is amazing and my little boy is simply perfect even when crying, I didnt think it possible to love someone that much!!!! :love:

Attachments

• IMAG2203.jpg
    IMAG2203.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Massive Congraulations cant wait to read your birth story! XX

Congratulations Hun xx

hurrah, well done. Big congratulations :) xx

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more x

Looking forward to your full story as was following you on the hypnobirthing thread! Hoping it really helped you! Massive congrats!!!!!!! 'Noah' made its way onto our name list! Lovely name! xxxxxx

Wow big congrats. Can't wait to read your birth story.

Read the whole thing hunny- captivating! Can't believe how well u coped................no wonder MW wasn't ready! lol! Glad LO is doing well and hope the BF gets easier soon xx

What a great birth story bunnykins, well done hun, you're very lucky x

Great birth story. I'll make sure that we mention to the midwives that we're doing hypnobirthing and they should be ready for things to move more swiftly than normal for a first time mum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back