• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby blues.

l_maclean

Reaction score
When did everyone's hormones settle down??

I just wanted to cry most of yesterday, and randomly burst into tears at bedtime tonight. I can feel myself welling up just writing this.

I'm quite nervous about PND as I've had depression before and my mum and hers sisters all had PND.

When does it reach the point I need to tell someone I feel like this?

Xxx

I was VERY hormonal for about 6 weeks after giving birth and I had convinced myself I had PND I think it was just baby blues to be honest. Even now I have to hold back tears at least once a day I feel a lot better and I can control my feelings and emotions better now. Give it time hun and see how you feel in a week or so, I broke down in tears and told my mum exactly how I was feeling and weirdly i felt better immediately just for saying it out loud. Hope you feel better soon Xxx

Our babies are nearly the same age and I feel exactly the same as you. Last Tuesday and Saturday I spent nearly all day crying. I'm not finding breastfeeding the easiest job and I'm really struggling with lack of sleep. Joe feeds almost continually which I'm really struggling with.

Sorry that doesn't really answer your question but wanted you to know you're not alone! Saw midwife today and she said it sounded perfectly normal to have 'blue' moments or even days x

Thanks. I think part of me thought that when mw said it'll happen around day 3/4 that I expected it to be a one or two day thing, not a week later. Xxx

Hi lorna, I suffered with the baby blues and like you, questioned whether it was PND. Thankfully after 3-4 weeks it settled down and I just suddenly felt a lot better. It's really horrible because you feel a sort of guilt for not being happy and excited with your new baby and then the guilt makes you feel worse :( it definitely improved for me now and suddenly went. Because I was worried at the time I done sone reading and I think they say of it lasts more than
4-6 weeks it could be PND. Speak to Ur HV about it. :hugs: it does get easier I promise xx

Last edited:
Thanks. I keep telling DH it's just my hormones, and actually nothings wrong, cos it just suddenly happens, and I don't actually feel down all the time - had a wonderful day today with my neice and nephew visiting G for the first time, but now suddenly tonight im crying.

Just wanted to be sure it is still relatively normal hormones. DH going back to work tomorrow prob doesn't help

Xxx

I'd guess it's baby blues, I used to be fine in the day but get weepy and anxious at night xx

Thanks, that def makes me feel better. Xxx

I still get weepy now !! Had pnd after my first so constantly worried bout it coming back. Found I got more weepy if I did too much in the day. Take things easy lo is only few weeks old. Hope u feel better soon xxx

I think mine settled down after 2 weeks or so. I made a post on here not long ago wondering what the difference was between baby blues and PND. I kept crying and panicking over every tiny thing to do with Noah, and OH kept telling me it wasn't normal, so I began worrying it could of been PND. Weird but I woke up one morning and something felt different. I felt like a mum and just got on with things and stopped stressing as much.

I suppose it's different for everyone isn't it :)

Hi hun

Hope you're ok. I've never felt so bad as I did when I first had him in hospital. It was awful and totally unexpected. Thankfully it went away after a week or so but I cried very easily.

Keep talking hun. X

Thanks everyone. Def feels better to know I'm not the only one. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back