Baby Banking

Copterpops

Reaction score
Has anyone had a look into opening an account for their little one when they arrive?

As of April last year there is no such thing as a Child Trust Fund anymore, and I was wondering if anyone else had looked into the alternatives?

My daughter has a smart junior Isa with nationwide which is tax free and only she can access when she's 18 xx

My son has an ISA with Halifax....cos I have one too he gets a higher percentage rate. I put money from my childrens allowance into it each month :)

My eldest has the Nationwide account too.

My second has no bank account as I never got round to it. She does have a CTF but it got put into shares with some random company 'cos I didn't use the voucher in time!
But I'm planning to see what junior accounts Natwest do (I'm with NatWest) and open her one in May. And will get the same for the baby once it's born.

I have a child's isa with Barclays for my 10 month old. It's joint to my accounts so I can look at it online with my accounts and move money over easily

i plan on doing the ISA thing when baby is born and I need to open one for my daughter too, her dad opened one when she was a baby, but we split up and recently I found out they have put a disgusting amount of money in it that puts my deposits to shame, so I will open her her own one from me alone. xx

i plan on doing the ISA thing when baby is born and I need to open one for my daughter too, her dad opened one when she was a baby, but we split up and recently I found out they have put a disgusting amount of money in it that puts my deposits to shame, so I will open her her own one from me alone. xx

Wish mine would lol. Their dad earns a lot yet he's not once paid any money into our eldest's bank account (I have though! I paid in regularly in the first few months even though all I had was mat pay & Child Benefit!) And he's never thought to open one for our 2nd either, even though he could easily afford it :roll:

Wish mine would lol. Their dad earns a lot yet he's not once paid any money into our eldest's bank account (I have though! I paid in regularly in the first few months even though all I had was mat pay & Child Benefit!) And he's never thought to open one for our 2nd either, even though he could easily afford it :roll:

I'll just clarify that it's Sofia's dad that has brought her up that has done that, her real dad is nowhere to be found and never ever has given any money and has never even met her!

Pisses me off that some men are such deadbeat dads... It's not about the money you personally receive either a little bit in a savings account for your kids would be nice eh!! Winds me right up when they are good earners. Sofia's real dad is absolutely minted. I hope one day if he ever comes on the scene that he puts some money away for her, or even makes a bit of an effort with her at least. Would be nice. I've managed without any maintenance money from her real dad and I never even asked for it but I do want her to have a nice savings account when she's older.

I am sorry to hear that Phoenix some men are just useless eh xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back