• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

baby awfully quiet

jills10uk

Reaction score
My baby has been awfully quiet for the last 2 days - much more so than normal, I'm probably worrying over nothing - has anyone else experienced a couple of days of not very many movements and very light and then baby has gone back to full force?

Hi

Sure its nothing to worry about but to put your mind at rest why not give your midwife call thats what shes there for??

I definitely get days where everything is much quieter than others, but I agree if it's causing you worry talk to your midwife.

Yup, I had this on and off. Often LO would have turned and was kicking into my placenta so wasn't feeling anything.

Have you done a kick chart for the day? 10 movements over 12 hours. One session of kicking and wriggling counts as one movement. One single kick when there is nothing else counts as another. A few kicks in short succession would be another. And so on.

Also try just sitting or lying down and resting your hands on your tummy and concentrate and see if you can feel movement. Drink a fizzy cold drink beforehand might help. Usually gets LO moving.

May well be LO is having a big rest or has changed position so you are not feeling the kicks so much. Also as they start to run out of room around now the kicks etc change and start to become wriggles and squirms. Often you may not notice these if you are moving around and so on. Once you get used to the change in how LO moves as s/he grows bigger you are more able to notice these smaller movements.

Of course, if your kick chart and the cold drink and quiet time don't get results then give your MW a call to discuss. But always worth doing the kick chart and cold drink as often those are the things MW's ask women to do in the first instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back