Baby Acne - Update

Bloom

Reaction score
Sophie's has recently developed quite a few spots on her face that get worse in the hot weather and when she cries and feeds.

I did ask the health visitor about it and she just said some babies have bad skin and not to worry about it.

Anyone elses newborn gone all spotty and how long does it last?

UPDATE

Well its got worse she now has red spots all over her face, behind her ears, her scalp, neck and top of chest. I have asked the hv again and phoned the doctor about it and they dont seem worried but surely this is some mega heat rash. They flare up and look worse after feeding and when shes hot.
Any ideas as to what i could put on it.

My DD had acne from about 1 week old, sometimes it was like looking a teenager with zits. not sure whether it helped or not but we stopped using all the baby products and just washed hair and bathed her in warm water and it now seems to have cleared up x

My DS had baby acne and t lasted about 1 month. It was a combination of dry skin and spots but we stopped using the baby products in the bath and used loads of vasaline on his face. The vasaline seemed to make his face very red for the first couple of days but on day 4, we could see a difference.

I hope it clears up soon as it looks quite painful and it isn't very nice taking pics of them when their face is bright red. xxx

Our LO had a baby acne, but when asked my OH to stop using aftershaves and body sprays and it cleared up!!!

My baby had a few spots, they looked like little zits with whiteheads!

They've pretty much cleared up now tho

Charlie had this too, it started off on one cheek then travelled along his forhead and went to the other cheek. The redness has gone now but his skin is quite dry still. HV said it was just their skin getting used to the environment.

logans got loads of spots on his face and chest! HV said they're called milia and will go on their own.

xkikix said:
My baby had a few spots, they looked like little zits with whiteheads!

They've pretty much cleared up now tho

Milkspots :D

hello

my little one has them too, i have started cleaning her face with water after feeds as she gets quite peuky....

xx

My son had them too when he was about 6 weeks old. I was told that it was something to do with reacting from the hormones from me following the birth.

We were only washing him with water at the time so it couldn't have been a reaction to any products we were using.

I think they lasted for about a week and then disappeared, never to return. :D

It seems to be quite common then. Im only washing her with water and im always careful about using any products on myself around her so its not a reaction to something.

Yep, Oliver got acne when he was about a week old that lasted a couple of weeks. It seemed to clear up a bit when I put breastmilk on it.

Our little one has them quite bad too. At first there were just a few spots but now his forehead seems to have gone a bit bumpy. He also has loads of dry skin. I have just been using vaseline. I haven't been out with him that much - didn't want people thinking hes an ugly baby!

Eva had this too she was really spotty for a couple of weeks then it all just cleared up and her skin is gorgeous now if a bit dry, think its just a phase and down to hormones.

Bloom,
It sounds like milk spots to me. Mhairi had exactly what you describe. Blister like rash everywhere, got worse when she ate, worse when she cried, worse after a bath.

I realised that once she'd had it in one area, it would dry the skin up, get flakey and then move to another area.

It looked worst on her ears and behind her ears.

I spoke to my HV about it and she said it was classic for 6 weeks old.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

xxx

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that Connie has this too :rotfl:

Hers has got worse too since I mentioned it to the HV but she said it's normal and it's just her body reacting to all the hormones that were running round my body in pregnancy. Might explain why I've suddenly come out in spots since she was born too :roll:

Hope they both stop looking like zitty teens soon :hug:

Well today her skin is the best its been in ages so hopefully her skin is clearing up a bit :cheer:

Glad im not the only one though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back